1500 headlight in 2500?

There are pics floating around of one that's been done.

IIRC, the poster claimed if was a straight forward job. 

I don't recall if they did the HID version with the yellow blinker bulb on the grill side of the projector bulb or if it was the LED version which has the has a yellow strip of leds below the projector that turn on for blinker (of course both versions turn off the sideways U of white marker lights when the blinker is on)

Just traded a 2016 1500 slt with the led's for 2018 2500 (which are all HID ).  

I also prefer the appearance of the 1500 lights - and prefer the way the blinkers work on the LED version.

It's only been a few days, but so far I'm finding I prefer the lighting performance of the 18 2500. 

The 16 LED's had some slightly darker patches that were noticeable when the high beams were on - they were definitely much much better than the 2015 1500 lights (even after the update), but disappointing given the premium paid for the LED's.

I have no info on the performance of the HID version of the 16-18 1500 sierra lights, and have no information if the 17 and 18 led versions are different/better than the ones in the 16 that I ran. 

Anyone else have comparisons?

I think the light performance is equal between my '17 HID to the '18 HID 2500, which it should be.

My Mom has a '17 1500 Denali w/ LED, while good I think the HID is slightly better.

The LED fogs on the 1500 are def better than the Halogen fogs on the 2500.

I am considering this swap purely for looks, and won't be doing it if I don't find a set reasonably priced.

Archived