Put in your vote: How we'll organize this forum going forward

How should we organize this forum section going forward?  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it's gotten to that point. The general Fullsize Truck & SUV forum is far too large of a catch-all. We've got two platforms squeezed into one single subsection.

How we tackle this problem will be interesting. We've debated it a few times but never come to a concrete answer. I want everyone's input.

Answer the poll and leave your suggestion here. It's time to clean this place up a little.

I would say its still good for now, but come early next year when the next generation launches maybe split it into generational sub sections but keep SUVs and Trucks together in each gernerational section. GMT400, GMT800, GMT900, GMT???. I would think the birth of the next generation would probably be the best time to tackles this issue.

I would say its still good for now, but come early next year when the next generation launches maybe split it into generational sub sections but keep SUVs and Trucks together in each gernerational section. GMT400, GMT800, GMT900, GMT???. I would think the birth of the next generation would probably be the best time to tackles this issue.

I agree. Which is why no matter what, the new K2 trucks will have their very own set of sub forums.

Isn't it great to have growing problems! What do we expect with the best "adult" truck forum on the 'net. Thanks to all who have anything to do with the development and maintenance of GM-TRUCKS.COM.

I've been a member here for almost ten years. I want to echo the thanks to the mods for keeping this a forum for grown-ups and for asking for input on questions like these. I voted to go ahead and split, but for the same reason mentioned by others that with the new trucks coming soon, I believe there will have to be some division for everything to work smoothly. Now or later I think it has to happen.

I want to echo the thanks to the mods for keeping this a forum for grown-ups and for asking for input on questions like these. I voted to go ahead and split, but for the same reason mentioned by others that with the new trucks coming soon, I believe there will have to be some division for everything to work smoothly. Now or later I think it has to happen.

I agree 100%

Couldn't have said it better.

My personal vote, is use concatenation on the topic. Add, something to the nature of GMT800 and GMT900 as a radio button when making a new topic, and you should have to choose when posting. Having the 800's and 900's joined together people with 900's most of the time upgraded from 800's..... I believe I am going to jump a generation of trucks. And wait till the next body style drops.

Also, it would be nice to incorporate the 800/900 selection in to the search.

Jbo

By "forum", do you mean "fullsize truck and suv"? There's many forum topics, and each have the same problem by platform. Sounds tricky to me. Does the forum software have the capacity to allow "tagging" posts by additional properties (e.g., "GMT800, GMT900", etc.), rather than creating "folders" for them ahead of time?

Archived