What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

Got the front end jacked up & torn apart. Brakes looked fine so won't be replacing them yet, but...

Driver side hub bearing was toast, have it yanked off. I picked up a new Moog one but ran out of day light to work so tomorrow looks like an early morning of putting her all back together. Then I'll move to the rears....

You dont work weekends? You must be a MSgt

Nice looking tires - just Googled them.

I'll have to keep those in the back of my mind for when I replace my summer tires. They have a higher weight & speed rating (117H) than most of the tires available on Tire Rack in my size (275/55-20). I've been running Bridgestone HL Alenzas for the past 5 years, 30k or so. No complaints, other than a slightly harsh ride .. but that's more the lower profile size than the tires themselves, I think.

Nice looking tires - just Googled them.

I'll have to keep those in the back of my mind for when I replace my summer tires. They have a higher weight & speed rating (117H) than most of the tires available on Tire Rack in my size (275/55-20). I've been running Bridgestone HL Alenzas for the past 5 years, 30k or so. No complaints, other than a slightly harsh ride .. but that's more the lower profile size than the tires themselves, I think.

Yeah, they have a $70 rebate and are $40 a tire than either the comparable Michelin (LTX M/S2 ). I figured the KO2 doesn't really fit for my use. I have never done anything my H/T Plus's (or 4wd) can't handle, and don't plan too.

I'd get the LTX's if I could get the $100 off on them. But, the DTD sale doesn't include them.

Edited by SnakeEyes

Yeah, they have a $70 rebate and are $40 a tire than either the comparable Michelin (LTX M/S2 ). I figured the KO2 doesn't really fit for my use. I have never done anything my H/T Plus's (or 4wd) can't handle, and don't plan too.

I'd get the LTX's if I could get the $100 off on them. But, the DTD sale doesn't include them.

I really like the LTX MS for an all highway tire, and the LTX AT does very well. The main issue with the BFG/Mich tires is that there are other tires that actually perform better for 3/4 the price. My next set will probably be from tread depot, everyone I know who's dealt with them was really happy. Probably Cooper AT3 or ATW.

Yeah those Alenzas have served me well too. I've slid around in my yard during the spring mud, but 4wd gets me right out no problem. No serious wheeling with those rims anyway, so sort of pointless for me to drop big coin on KO2's or any other A/T tire.

I'll have to check that place out. I buy 99% of my tires from Tire Rack. They're super fast with shipping and returns, which I like. So long as they have what I'm looking for in the CT warehouse, the shipping there is pretty reasonable. They don't carry Coopers at the 'Rack.

Plus a $70 Visa card on Tire Rack on 4 Conti tires.

Well, from what I've experienced so far, anything with "Eco" or "low rolling resistance" in the name rides like a brick, and saves little to nothing in fuel economy. They don't sell those in my size, so just as well I guess.

Those are sharp looking tires though.

Has anyone run a edge power programmer in there 07-13 5.3s iv bin thinking of buying one instead of a tune for many of reasons I could use the programmer to monitor my truck specially while towing my massive trailer I was thinking the Edge IQ its about $1000 but the thing that thing does is crazy plus another fun little toy to play with. Just wondering if anyone has any programmers in the Gasser and what they think of them.

I just have the one-size-fits-all Hypertech program. Works for me. I've tried both the regular and premium fuel programs on it - not much difference between the 2. Seems to have the same power running premium fuel on the regular tune. Go figure.

Was $300 ... and I thought that was high in '07, lol.

I get spark knock at full throttle on both programs, before I ever installed it, and if I remove it. Nature of my truck I guess.

Checkin' out tires again ... I think I'm sold on these things at the Rack: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Grabber+UHP

Was scanning though the reviews. Seems like they perform REAL good, and last quite a while for a performance tire. Can't believe some of the reviewers were getting 30k out of them. Not the best place to get real world info on tires, since half the people wouldn't know handling from ride quality, but faults typically show up there if you read enough of them. Maybe I'll sacrifice a little ride quality for some +P performance. Cheaper than just about every other tire in that size range too. :thumbs:

Edited by Jsdirt

30,000 miles isn't very good for truck tires isn't even acceptable for an all terrain, barely for a mud tire in my book. My ATPs have 28,000 and they look like they have about half tread. I would go with an HT tire, they have a lot more bite and better water evacuation. Although if you run winter tires that's not as much of an issue.

I have 0 faith in anything Consumer Imports says. The Internet has rendered them obsolete anyhow, with reviews on literally anything from real consumers.

Edited by kstruckcountry

30,000 miles isn't very good for truck tires isn't even acceptable for an all terrain, barely for a mud tire in my book. My ATPs have 28,000 and they look like they have about half tread. I would go with an HT tire, they have a lot more bite and better water evacuation. Although if you run winter tires that's not as much of an issue.

I have 0 faith in anything Consumer Imports says. The Internet has rendered them obsolete anyhow, with reviews on literally anything from real consumers.

The UTQG tread rating isnt bad on them, but he looked at general and not sold on them. Im going to go with Continental DWS 06 next