What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

Yeah when I was in Phoenix, I don't recall many systems coming out of the south. Seemed to always come from the west. Saw the radar there recently, and it was all coming from the south - must be part of that same storm you guys are getting.

• Like 1

Winter must be on it's way....everyone is getting tires... lol

Mine is waxed and ready for the winter... tires are still good... may be adding a small rumble soon..

That is so friggin mint! Wish I lived near those!

When I was much younger, we used to ride the local sand pits. Would be like a postage stamp compared to that place, but we had a blast there. It was as close as we could get to the places like Glamis we'd see in magazines. Would ride there from sun up to sun down every weekend. I had a '86 TRX250R that was all hopped up - thing used to RIP up ANY hill I pointed it at, even with those crap tires in the pic here. I used to climb the ones where the sand was excavated out of the day before, and there would be a full vertical, and sometimes inverted ledge hanging over the last 10' or so of the hill. I'd peg it in 3rd and go full bore until my front wheels hit the lip. I'd let off, lean forward, and the lip would kick my ass-end out so it would land perfectly level, right on the very edge of the cliff, and shoot 2 rooster tails out from the tires. Good times!

Now I white knuckle just climbing the hill behind my house, LOL. Had no fear in those days. Could've been because I could blow a .23 breathalyzer when stone cold sober .... :lol:

aaa%2087%20TRX250R_zpsyltkdne8.jpg

Yeah when I was in Phoenix, I don't recall many systems coming out of the south. Seemed to always come from the west. Saw the radar there recently, and it was all coming from the south - must be part of that same storm you guys are getting.

Could be. Forecast is calling for a couple of days. Nothing too long

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Damn - that's fun too! I've gotta do that some day.

My buddy got to drive a Ferrari and a Lambourgini on a local CT racetrack this summer. Cost an arm and a leg to do it, but he thought it was worth it. First time I'd ever seen either car in person. They were brand new. Like a sportbike with 4 wheels. What a sound too. Quiet as a mouse idling - idles like a normal everyday econobox ... but mash the throttle and holy s*** what a GREAT sound!! Music. :thumbs:

post-65085-0-97532300-1445486955_thumb.jpg

I had to drive to my moms work and rescue a baby kitten that was stuck under the transmission of a new focus.

I'll miss that Craftsman 1/4" drive 5/16" deepwell socket.

Edited by Chris
  • Like 1

Well, I dug up some hi res up close pics of the grain texture on the gmt900 dash covers. Txdashcovers looks like creased leather from their ebay page pic, and some that looks very close to the dashtop ones and priced similarly(makes me think they are just reselling it) have a texture that looks like plastic covered short strands of hair.(haircell I think they call it). Similar to the one I wasted money on.

They all suck.

Think I might try the coverking or dash designs "suede" dash cover. Dash designs looks like it has a thinner and less noticeable border IMO. Looks awful dirty, but looks like it would be less obtrusive that the way off texture of the plastic ones(and no danger of creeks or rattles). And they cost $50 to boot!

Thanks Again GM for putting craptastic plastic in your autos!

:shakehead:

Glad I read some of the replaced dashes are cracking also before I blew money on a replacement

Edited by SnakeEyes
  • Like 1

Enough to drive you nuts!

My brother had the Duramax running out back for the first time in 4 months. Idled 5 minutes, then blew fuse - suddenly developed a dead short ... in FIVE friggin minutes. We stuck a jump wire in to see how bad it was - dead short, no question about it. Instantly caught the jumper on fire.

Talk about a friggin needle in a haystack! 100 billion miles of wiring all across that engine block and intake. Going to check a bend in the harness over the FICM - known issue there from what I hear. Hopefully that's it - nothing is ever that straightforward on modern vehicles - at least not at my house! Friggin electronics!!!!!!!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Minute this thing is running, it's going on Craigs or eBay. Someone's gonna love this driveline if they can see past the rust. I drove it last year. Weighs at least 7k, but accelerates like a 2k lb. sportscar ... while melting the tires drifting sideways. If it weren't for the damn electronics, I'd buy it off him and throw that driveline into my next classic car or truck. :smoker: I want no part of unrepairable breakdowns on the side of the road ...