Will DL8 and DL3 Mirrors Swap Out

Inquiring if on a 2006 Silverado that has DL8 mirrors, non folding,non turn signal, no auto dimming be able to be changed to DL3 power folding, signal, etc?

If so just change the mirrors or will i need to change switches or anything else?

Anyone done this or can give me some onsight.

Thanks,

You can't swap the mirrors out and also the switch. I did this on an 03 truck and it was plug and play.

You can also get the wheel controls as well by adding the proper wheel, clockspring and dealer programming.

Hope this helps!

You can get the switch from an 02 escalade. There's a write up somewhere. For u to do it plug and play u get the signals but not the power fold

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

My previous post should say you can, not can't. You shouldn't need the switch from an Escalade, just a regular pickup. I actually have a switch here from an 05 Sierra and also a driver side DL3 Mirror if you need the parts

So i am reading i just need the switch and mirrors and good to go. Plug and play wiring per say. No additional wiring for the different set up?

Also will the DL3 power fold mirrors from a GMC 2500 HD work or just the 1500 models?

Thanks

Can you PM me on the switch? what you looknig at gettnig for the mirror and switch? Found pair of mirrors on Craigslist but never know.

Thanks.

If looking for OEM mirros on Craigslist or anywhere else how to id if they are DL3 without plugging in? Any numbers on the mirrors stamped or ?

P656A368 / 369 ? Are these GM mirrors or aftermarket?

Do you need the OEM GM part or just want it. A lot of us do off brands especially with mirrors.

I went with Kool Vue, and love them. cant really tell and it will save you money

http://www.discountbodyparts.com/catalog/?sid=137BEF3CE6AF&rid=137BEF3CE6AF&N=1588+9972+4294962951+9163+4294961572&Nr=OR(brand:Replacement,brand:Kool%20Vue,brand:Perfect%20Fit,brand:US%20Auto%20Parts)&omPage=Type-Heated,%20Power%20Folding,%20Corner%20Mount,%20OE%20Replacement

Thats where i got my tow mirrors. with the the Driver Side p/n CV45EL-S is $385.24 and the P/S is $190.52. Pass side p/n CV45ER-S is $190.52

You will still need the switch. get that from trav or anywheere else. and these mirrors have a 2 year warranty

just want to look at mirrors that are around in case i run across a mirror for a good price. This way i can see if numbers match..

got my mirrors now jsut need the switch. 69I 69D drk Charcoal interior. Any part number out there aftermarket vs GM?

Or jsut go GM at dealer?

Thanks

Hey 2006SilvyLvr,

Here is the Switch...Sorry it has taken me so long to Post the Photo...

I'd sell for $50 shipped, this was removed from a 2005 GMC Sierra.

GM PN is 10398567

You will use your exisiting trim bezel to install the switch.

DSC03050.jpg

Archived