2014 Sierra/Silverado Bulb Sizes

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys, new to sight. Hoping you can help me out. I know nothing about mechanics, so in need of advice.

I have 2014 Sierra SLT, with the LED accent lights and Halogen protectors (I think). I really don't like the yellow/Amber tint of the headlights.

I understand the stock lights are size 9012LL. From my half ass research, it seems like that has more light output than the 9006. But it seems like a lot of people replace their stock lights with sylvania ultras or ZXEs.

If I switch to one of these bulbs, I will get the "white lights" i want but will they be lower powered lights or less light output?

And am I correct in thinking I can plug a 9006 bulb into my 9012 socket without any mods? Once you have to cut or trim anything, your already far beyond my skill set.

And any other lights you would recommend for me. Again just want white light without tint and no modifications.

Thank you

What Halogens did you end up going with? I want brighter headlights without the hassle of HID swap

• Like 1

I recommend:

Philips Crystal Vision Ultra Upgrade for halogen headlight if you want whiter headlights.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-CrystalVision-ultra-Upgrade-Headlight/dp/B00480FIEG?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

head%20amp%20high.jpg For my fog lights I chose the following which are a great match.
Super White 5202 5201 2405 H16 Halogen Bulbs for Fog Lights or Daytime Running Lights (35 Watts)

So does a 2014 GMC Sierra use a 9005 or 9006 bulb? If so what mod has to be down to it to fit properly?

I think you have projectors bulbs, which are different.

Edited by No Tyme

I recommend: Philips Crystal Vision Ultra Upgrade for halogen headlight if you want whiter headlights.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-CrystalVision-ultra-Upgrade-Headlight/dp/B00480FIEG?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00 head%20amp%20high.jpg For my fog lights I chose the following which are a great match.

Super White 5202 5201 2405 H16 Halogen Bulbs for Fog Lights or Daytime Running Lights (35 Watts)

by KY LIGHTING

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Halogen-Lights-Daytime-Running/dp/B00Z4QL612?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

head%20amp%20fog.jpg

They beat the Silverstar Ultras...

Are they just whiter or actually provide increased visibility at night?

Are they just whiter or actually provide increased visibility at night?

My lights from day one where fine, compared to the projector style headlights. My main issue was the yellow looking color of the stock bulbs but after I changed to the Phillips Crystal Vision I can honestly say that they did improve my headlights. The reflective signs are noticeable now from a greater distance and in my opinion the whiter light is brighter. I live in a rural area and have no problems spotting critters on the side of the road and believe the whiter light helps in that respect also.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this has been asked; I just didn't see it. I'm wanting to order LEDs for the license plate and lights that come on with the bed light. The white ones above the rear sliding window. Are these sizes good for the 2016?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Center Cargo Lights - 921 (W16W), use that number when looking for LED's.

Alright guys. I am ticked and need some help. I replaced my back up lights (all of them) with 921 LEDs. They weren't cheap. $20 a pair. I ordered 6 more to replace the brake lights and blinker lights. I did not realize that a 921 and a 921 LL was different. Is this right. At the beginning of this thread says GMC 921LL are turn signals and brakes. I guess my question is, is there a difference between these 2 or did I order the wrong bulb

Thanks so much. I'll use the 2015 license plate bulb #.

I ordered my plate bulbs from "Super Bright LEDs" and put blue bulbs in mine. I actually run blue in my Silverado, Trailblazer and Corvette. No issues in 2 years because the bulbs shine inward towards the plate and not out away from the vehicle.

If you start using them in turn lights you may get a hyper flash...

Is the 2015 bulb # different than what I posted?