$1100 for two side mirrors?? WTF????

ZK686

Question

I have a 2008 Yukon Denali, it has 63,000 miles. While it's out of it's manufacturer warranty, I would still expect NOT to have to spend over $1000 on side mirrors!!

My side mirrors stopped adjusting, and then they stopped folding in.

I took it to GMC and they said it would cost $1100 to repace both side mirrors!!

Each kit cost $400, plus another $300 in labor.

WTF? Is that how much these power side mirrors cost??

This is crazy.

13 answers to this question

I wouldn't pay $400 for a mirror if my life depended on it.

I'd hit the local boneyard, or eBay - plenty of these late model trucks getting wrapped around trees and other cars all over the country.

Wow ... WTF is right!

Maybe some wrecks will show up on eBay ...

Apparently, since it's a Denali the mirrors are fully loaded. You can't find them at a junkyard or boneyard because no one is turning in GMC vehicles with these types of side mirrors, I've already looked.

They have the light up turn signal, mud lights on the bottom, and programmable adjustments.

I found some here, but not sure if I should chance it:

Denali

Any thoughts about Dorman's parts?

They are easy to replace. I did them in our Tahoe and truck (switched to turn signal mirrors). I got it down to about 20 mins each :)

Find some on ebay or similar site and replace yourself. Enjoy the extra $$$

While I can understand wanting options to work correctly, but, after you set the mirror when you first got the truck, have you ever adjusted it again? I think you will find most trucks do not have power folding either. Were it me, I wouldn't bother replacing them now and just wait for some used to come up for sale here. Generally you will find them for a bit over half the price of just one when they are used.

Apparently, since it's a Denali the mirrors are fully loaded. You can't find them at a junkyard or boneyard because no one is turning in GMC vehicles with these types of side mirrors, I've already looked.

They have the light up turn signal, mud lights on the bottom, and programmable adjustments.

I found some here, but not sure if I should chance it:

Denali

Any thoughts about Dorman's parts?

Just as good as oe in my opinion. I replaced pass side twice. std remote control, not heated or auto folding. Paid about $35 each took 15 min to r&r.

Archived