Adding Aftermarket Sub/Amp

I just bought my '14 Silverado LTZ Z71 4X4 Saturday. I have the BOSE system, but the window sticker does not say if I have the factory sub or not. How can I tell?

SLT/LTZ Trim + Bose System + Center Console = Sub http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/156046-bose-system-sub-location/

You have the sub but it's too weak to really notice.

Edited by MotoMedic

If you have bucket-seats and the center-console that goes all the way to the dashboard, and you have Bose, then there should be a sub in the console. 40/20/40 split bench seat = no Bose sub. Ive read that a good way to determine if it is there is to turn the base all the way up so you can feel the console thumping.

Alright my new Subthump box just came today so it's time to get my amp and subs intalled. My truck is non-Bose LT crewcab. I'm thinking of tapping into the rear door speaker wires for my inputs. Can anyone give me the wire colors for the rear door speakers? Where's the best place to run my power wire? Poke a hole in the grommet on the driver's side or is there somewhere easier?

uby3y7u8.jpgu3y5yjuq.jpg

Ok, this post made me join the forum. I just purchased my truck last week and I was wondering why my Bose sucked so much. Here is what I found. I have a 2014 gmc sierra SLE All-Terrain edition w/bucket seats and full center console. My door speaker grilles have the Bose emblems. When I go to my driver side door and pull the 30amp "amp" fuse nothing changes on the sound quality of my radio. I then crawled under the rear crew cab seats and no amp. I think several people including my self, have seen the Bose front door speakers thinking they have the full Bose system but in reality they do not. At least that's what I've found on my truck. By the way guys thanks for posting pictures, this is a great forum. It kept me from ripping out my center console to fix a sub that I didn't even have :-).

Edited by AK49Jeff

For some reason, GMC limited the 'premium' (7 speaker w/ sub/amp) Bose package to just SLT trucks. It wasn't an option as far as I can tell for any SLE truck.

Chevy made the 7 speaker 'premium' package an option on any truck with bucket seats, whether LT or LTZ.

Seems a strange decision by GMC considering their more upscale image.

Ok, this post made me join the forum. I just purchased my truck last week and I was wondering why my Bose sucked so much. Here is what I found. I have a 2014 gmc sierra SLE All-Terrain edition w/bucket seats and full center console. My door speaker grilles have the Bose emblems. When I go to my driver side door and pull the 30amp "amp" fuse nothing changes on the sound quality of my radio. I then crawled under the rear crew cab seats and no amp. I think several people including my self, have seen the Bose front door speakers thinking they have the full Bose system but in reality they do not. At least that's what I've found on my truck. By the way guys thanks for posting pictures, this is a great forum. It kept me from ripping out my center console to fix a sub that I didn't even have :-).

For some reason, GMC limited the 'premium' (7 speaker w/ sub/amp) Bose package to just SLT trucks. It wasn't an option as far as I can tell for any SLE truck.

Chevy made the 7 speaker 'premium' package an option on any truck with bucket seats, whether LT or LTZ.

Seems a strange decision by GMC considering their more upscale image.

Wow, that's messed up! I was just looking at the GMC site and the only specifics on Bose list it as being an option on the SLT's. No mention of it with the SLE's.

The premium Bose® audio system features 6 speakers located throughout the cabin for rich, clear acoustics. It includes:
  • Active Noise Cancellation system when ordered with the 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine and bucket seats
  • 7-speaker system with subwoofer when ordered with bucket seats
This feature is included in the SLT Crew Cab Value Package or the Texas SLT Crew Cab Value Package.

Wow, that's messed up! I was just looking at the GMC site and the only specifics on Bose list it as being an option on the SLT's. No mention of it with the SLE's.

The premium Bose® audio system features 6 speakers located throughout the cabin for rich, clear acoustics. It includes:
  • Active Noise Cancellation system when ordered with the 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine and bucket seats
  • 7-speaker system with subwoofer when ordered with bucket seats
This feature is included in the SLT Crew Cab Value Package or the Texas SLT Crew Cab Value Package.

So does the SLT Bose DC not have a sub? I'll have to check for console vibration tomorrow

Edited by Full Lock

hmmm has anyone confirmed if there is one in the Double Cabs? It's kinda confusing on GMC's site if it's only in the Crew Cabs

***EDIT***

My DC does have a sub. I put on some rap today and definitely felt alittle vibration from the front part of the console. It is really weak though

Edited by Full Lock

Hey guys I have been himming and hawing about putting another sub in my truck.. Even though I listen to Stern 99.9% of the time there are those times I like to rock out, like lastnight, and it sounds good, but I know a sub will make it much nicer.. The problem is I have the GM underseat storage, which is full I might add.. I really don't like the idea of sub boxes sitting on the floor infront of the rear seat, but I cant think of many alternatives.. Any ideas?

Thanks

Funny, I was just thinking about this last night. My thought is to fiber glass half of the storage box and putting a shallow mount in it; having a combo unit. Not sure how it would work out though. I am debating really hard on trying it out for the hell of it..

Ha that's funny....I just remembered that I have a Boss 10" self powered sub from my old Tacoma sitting in my basement. It's only 2.75" tall so I'm going to see if it might fit it under one of the seats or maybe behind the rear seat back as option 2. It won't hit as hard as my Polk/Momo 10" and my alpine m500, but it'll add alittle more low end. now I just have to wait for the weather to get alittle nicer to experiment

Edited by Full Lock