Swap 2014 SLE Headlights for SLT w/ LEDs?

I'm all for GM fixing it, but why not just spend a little money and put some HID's in there and be done??? Problem fixed.

That is what I did, much happier now.

Any update on the 2016 headlights working on 2014/2015 trucks?

Any update, been following this thread and I am curious to see what you found.

They work. I tested everything then sent what I found to GEN5. They are making the harness as we speak. Only issue I found was the LED drl did not cut off when the turn signal was applied (You can see what I mean in the picture). Easy fix, just need a switchback circuit in the harness so the light works like a switchback. I talked with Jarrod last week and he was hopeful it would be finished this week. They will be installed the day I receive it.

9a2mP0M.jpg

vJRJvor.jpg

yuhQNAP.jpg

Edited by zmnypit
  • Like 1

Great news! I actually like the fact that the drl does not turn off with the blinker. I've seen them on the road and it looks funky that the drl turns off when the blinker is on.

If the turn signal wasnt in the same area the DRL is then it would be ok. With the DRL at full brightness and the turn signal on its not as noticeable.

They work. I tested everything then sent what I found to GEN5. They are making the harness as we speak. Only issue I found was the LED drl did not cut off when the turn signal was applied (You can see what I mean in the picture). Easy fix, just need a switchback circuit in the harness so the light works like a switchback. I talked with Jarrod last week and he was hopeful it would be finished this week. They will be installed the day I receive it.

9a2mP0M.jpg

vJRJvor.jpg

yuhQNAP.jpg

Awesome, I love it!

If the turn signal wasnt in the same area the DRL is then it would be ok. With the DRL at full brightness and the turn signal on its not as noticeable.

Yeah, well there are a couple after market LED strips that can be used for blinkers could always add it to the side there with no DRL. I mean if you are going to the effort to replace the light doing something like that shouldn't be too hard.

Yeah, well there are a couple after market LED strips that can be used for blinkers could always add it to the side there with no DRL. I mean if you are going to the effort to replace the light doing something like that shouldn't be too hard.

Or buy the SLE lights. The turnsignal is halogen and in the center of the light not like the slt.

Or buy the SLE lights. The turnsignal is halogen and in the center of the light not like the slt.

That is not a bad option too. My Mini's head, fog, and parking lights are all LED, but the blinker is halogen. It works well and doesn't really distract.

I found this video which shows the drl not turning off. It confuses me as I have seen it turn off on a Sierra around town.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=2014-2016+sierra+led+tail+lights

I found this video which shows the drl not turning off. It confuses me as I have seen it turn off on a Sierra around town.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=2014-2016+sierra+led+tail+lights

From other videos I've seen it seems they both stay on with the Hazards (emergency lights)...Turn signals should kill the DRL

• Like 1