Swap 2014 SLE Headlights for SLT w/ LEDs?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey fellas, so i recently purchased my first truck ever a 2015 sierra sle. I really want to install the DLR headlights. When i purchased the truck i thought all the models had them but i was wrong. I seen videos on YouTube but no one has actaully posted a video on how to install the DLR lights and the wiring installion. Is the harness plug and play? Can you add a HID kit to the harness or you need to get another one?

Hey fellas, so i recently purchased my first truck ever a 2015 sierra sle. I really want to install the DLR headlights. When i purchased the truck i thought all the models had them but i was wrong. I seen videos on YouTube but no one has actaully posted a video on how to install the DLR lights and the wiring installion. Is the harness plug and play? Can you add a HID kit to the harness or you need to get another one?

Harness is plug and play. All you need is to run 1 wire to 12V source to the under hood fuse box with included fuse tap. It's simple.

If anyone is selling their oem sle headlights for a fair price let me know! I've accepted not having the cool headlights, and would like a spare set so I can mod them myself and have a backup set

Not so fast bud. I've been talking with Jarod and Ofer and there's some things we can' figure out and that doesn't make since. Back in early December I got the part 1500 part numbers from my GM parts guy which were 23506752 and 53. Jarod came up with numbers in the GM parts catalog which are 84016911 and 10 and are supposed to be HID's. The 23506752 and 53 list price for $1,160 each and the 84016911 and 10 list for less at $895 each. Why would the HID lights sell for $250 less each and what's the difference in the two lights?

I gave Jarod 3 truck VIN's; One for a Denali, one for an SLT and one for an SLE all 1500's. All 3 had the "C" shade LED's and looked the same. Jarod pulled up the VIN's through GM and here's what he came up with. The Denali and the SLT had 23506752 and 53 and the SLE had 84016911 and 10. From the info Jarod has, the 23506752 and 53 are called Intellibeam headlights which have the $1,160 list price and the 84016911 and 10 are the HID's and have the cheaper $895 retail price. So why would the Denali and SLT have non HID lights which are more expensive and why does the SLE have "supposedly" HID's which are cheaper in price?? Doesn't make since to either of us. Does the SLE have HID's and the SLT/Denali have LED headlights with Intellibeam or are they halogens? Is there a mistake in the GM catalog (which there have been know to be) and the SLE's are halogen bulbs while the SLT/Denali are HID's? Member Jalverez1 said he got a set of these '16 lights in an earlier post so I pm'd him to check what bulbs are in his assemblies with part numbers but never heard back. Any thoughts? Ofer told me he wasn't going to get any of the '16 lights anytime soon so we need help on figuring this out. Doesn't seem like an easy fix at this point. Can anyone check with a dealer and compare headlights between the SLE and SLT/Denali? Thanks in advance.