Oil catch can?

We have been working in this industry for a very long time, designing, engineering, manufacturing and testing our products. We test our products against the competition to to ensure we're outperforming the other manufacturers.

Everything is designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA, in our own shop where we can control the quality of all our products.

Unlike some sellers, we don't steal or copy a competitor's intellectual property and sell it as our own, that would be unethical.

Sometimes it's hard to keep track of all these threads and posts, if you have a specific question about our products, please send us an email and we'll get you a response as soon as possible.

The good news, we're very busy, so a response might take 24-48 hours.

We can always be reached at:

[email protected] or [email protected]

Thanks for all the support!

:thumbs:

USA USA USA...is it possible to convert a single outlet to a dual? MERICA

I'm just glad to see that Elite makes it's own check valves, instead of using those cheep, inferior chinese ones I bought off of ebuy.

Quality makes the difference. Although it may cost more, you get what you pay for (sometimes).

• Like 1

USA USA USA...is it possible to convert a single outlet to a dual? MERICA

It really depends on which of our Catch Cans you're trying to modify.

In reality, they can all be modified, but our newer E2 and E2-X Catch Cans are the best suited to attempt this modification. They have larger internal chambers that can handle a 2nd exit port.

Again, if you have something specific, shoot us an email at: [email protected]

Edited by Elite Engineering

Also to add to Elite's post, nearly ALL modern engines have integrated checkvalves in them now when Elite has used them for ages, and any other catch can makers copied this from RX or Elite. Take and put a length of hose on your valley barb and try and blow through. all LS would flow both ways. So if you have a 2014 or newer LT based engine, they already have one. For the dual valve, it is critical or you will be just sucking open flow from the 2nd outlet and cause a vacuum leak. You do need them. Hurts nothing to have one on the primary outlet even if it is an engine that now comes with them, just guards against flow reversing.

You don't really need a check valve on a normally aspirated engine. When the engine is running, there will always be vacuum drawing the vapors from the crankcase.

unless you are accelerating or at WOT, when there is no intake manifold vacuum, then you will experience reverse flow of the PCV system. That is where the dual valve can with both checkvalves provides suction at ALL times.

unless you are accelerating or at WOT, when there is no intake manifold vacuum, then you will experience reverse flow of the PCV system. That is where the dual valve can with both checkvalves provides suction at ALL times.

The only time you would have reverse flow through the intake manifold inlet is if you have forced induction. Even at WOT at low rpm, you will still have less than atmospheric pressure (vacuum); minimal, but it will be less pressure than atmospheric pressure with a normally aspirated motor. The ONLY time you will have equal to atmospheric pressure in the intake manifold is when the engine is not turning. You'll never have positive pressure. Now under load at WOT, you may have more crankcase pressure than the lowered intake manifold vacuum can evacuate fast enough, so that's where the CSS comes into play. Towing or running a quarter mile, a CSS is even more important.

Edited by '17 Sierra
  • Like 1

I think your not taking the blow-by all engines have. The cam lobe overlap where the exhaust valve is not fully closed and the intake is beginning to open. This allows reversion pulses to travel backwards up each intake runner and cancels any measurable vacuum/suction when accelerating or at WOT. You can hook up a vacuum gauge and see this in real time. Even though a tremendous CFM of flow is still entering each port, these "spikes" of reversion are what cancel it. That is with an NA engine. Do a Google search and read about this. It does not reach past the TB until well over 8k RPM so that is where the area just in front of the TB opening is a good source of suction during these periods. And yess, the CSS is just as you described, allowing any pressure to vent backwards at those times.

• 3 weeks later...

I have both an early RX can on my 2010 and a newr Elite on my 2014 both work well no issues understand RX today is not the original RX quality etcetc

But I see Tracy Lewis is marketing a 2 port system for the GDI engines ........ is this a quality piece and the latest tecnology item or just a knock off on original RX Tracy Lewis name ??

Has anyone installed one on newer GM GDI truck

Edited by CDNSS

• 1 year later...
On 7/22/2016 at 9:33 AM, Elite Engineering said:

I don't want to turn this into a price war or Catch Can bashing thread. I always stand behind our pricing. I feel our prices are very competitive with the type of engineering, design, and in-house manufacturing we put into all our products. I also feel we go the extra step in quality and finish of our products. There's a lot of cost in our Catch Cans, and as any successful business knows, there's a lot of costs behind the scenes (forum sponsorship, advertising, marketing, overhead, burden, etc.). We try to price all our items so that we can, on occasion, offer specials, and also support our great dealers. It doesn't benefit any successful business to to have grossly elevated margins.

Is the e2-x automatically a dual exit?(which is what i want) ...In the website it doesnt give you the option for single or dual like on the lower price e2. I just want to make sure i order the correct one