Oil catch can?

With the use of a check valve in the line running from the exit of the catch can up to the intake plenum, there is NO positive pressure in the catch can lines. You're strictly dealing with vacuum coming from the intake plenum. Or you've got problems.

With the use of a check valve in the line running from the exit of the catch can up to the intake plenum, there is NO positive pressure in the catch can lines. You're strictly dealing with vacuum coming from the intake plenum. Or you've got problems.

Right. Except in the case of forced induction; turbo or supercharger.

It's easy to forget or install incorrectly.....I mean it's not but hey I have left everything other than a baby underneath my vehicles after working on them and driving away or trying to drive away.

Note: The most interesting thing was a flashlight that was standing up and dropped down a vehicle straight on it! Anyway, the plastic light supported 2000+ lbs and made interesting driving in reverse out of garage.......Yes, I have launched vehicles over the ramps too! You name it I did it...........

You don't really need a check valve on a normally aspirated engine. When the engine is running, there will always be vacuum drawing the vapors from the crankcase.

True. The only time there is low vacuum is low RPM with high throttle; that's when the CSS comes into play but as you said, you still won't need a check valve. The most pressure the intake manifold will see is 0.

So, how many run a check valve on their catch can set up?

I think Elite recommends them...of course they would, right? I got one with mine but there is no need for a check valve on a N/A engine. If anything, a check valve might restrict flow just by design. I'm taking mine off anyway. I asked Elite in a post here what they think about check valves in a N/A engine and they haven't responded.

I think Elite recommends them...of course they would, right? I got one with mine but there is no need for a check valve on a N/A engine. If anything, a check valve might restrict flow just by design. I'm taking mine off anyway. I asked Elite in a post here what they think about check valves in a N/A engine and they haven't responded.

Sound like you want to buy something ----- they’ll respond immediately!

I tried one, but after seeing how much lung pressure was required to pass through the thing, immediately disregarded their recommendation to have one in the system. And they have the nerve to charge $12.00 for that "special billet" valve. BS, BS I say.

Sound like you want to buy something ----- they’ll respond immediately!

True that...I guess that's business though.

I tried one, but after seeing how much lung pressure was required to pass through the thing, immediately disregarded their recommendation to have one in the system. And they have the nerve to charge $12.00 for that "special billet" valve. BS, BS I say.

That's a quick $8.00-$10.00 profit on each of those little puppies I bet...not bad. I think Elite makes a great product but they should only recommend check valves to those that have forced induction. They would score more points doing that in my opinion.

• Like 1

We have been working in this industry for a very long time, designing, engineering, manufacturing and testing our products. We test our products against the competition to to ensure we're outperforming the other manufacturers.

Everything is designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA, in our own shop where we can control the quality of all our products.

Unlike some sellers, we don't steal or copy a competitor's intellectual property and sell it as our own, that would be unethical.

Sometimes it's hard to keep track of all these threads and posts, if you have a specific question about our products, please send us an email and we'll get you a response as soon as possible.

The good news, we're very busy, so a response might take 24-48 hours.

We can always be reached at:

[email protected] or [email protected]

Thanks for all the support!

:thumbs:

Edited by Elite Engineering