Oil catch can?

It would be interesting to put a vacuum gauge on the line running into the intake plenum to see exactly how much suction is actually being generated by the engine to warrant the use of 350 psi hose.

These engines suck, but I don't think that much.

JMO

I got the hose given to me free of charge so I used it. Didn't mean it had to be 350 psi. Edited by brokesilverado

• 2 weeks later...

Mine did until I used hose rated for 350 psi.

Just received my e2 catch can, going to put it on in the next week or two when i get a chance. Which hose was the one that you ended up replacing with the thicker walled hose? Figured I might as well put a better one on there from the beginning, odd that they would send hoses that have the chance of doing that in the first place.

Just received my e2 catch can, going to put it on in the next week or two when i get a chance. Which hose was the one that you ended up replacing with the thicker walled hose? Figured I might as well put a better one on there from the beginning, odd that they would send hoses that have the chance of doing that in the first place.

I made my own can so the first hoses I used was just regular vacuum hose. When I changed I did both hoses.
  • Like 1

Moroso can only traps app 15-30% of what enters it allowing the rest to pass right through still causing the issues. Very east to test this to prove. Simply install an Elite E2-X inline AFTER the moroso (or any of the small billet cans as the design and manufacturer are the same as app 20 other brands) and it will trap as much to twice as much as the Moroso does first in line showing what gets past. Drive 1000 miles minimum. Then drain and clean both cans of all oil, then place the E2-X first and the moroso second, and almost nothing gets past the E2-X. easy, accurate, and fair test.

• Like 2

I personally know this because we have over 60 vehicles running CC. The first 10-15 or so were installed by the supplying dealer before delivery. I have ZERO worries about this mod since I know the dealer continues to add them for other customers if they wish

And Mods can take sides or positions if they wish. no financial gain in this for me

As I told you earlier at this point you are just wanting to be argumentative and be a troll about this subject.

Edited by txab
  • Like 2

I personally know this because we have over 60 vehicles running CC. The first 10-15 or so were installed by the supplying dealer before delivery. I have ZERO worries about this mod since I know the dealer continues to add them for other customers if they wish

And Mods can take sides or positions if they wish. no financial gain in this for me

As I told you earlier at this point you are just wanting to be argumentative about this subject.

Have you contacted any manufacturers? Your experience with one dealer is not blanket proof of anything. And, having ZERO worries about the mod only means you are not worried.

Have you contacted any manufacturers? Your experience with one dealer is not blanket proof of anything. And, having ZERO worries about the mod only means you are not worried.

Dude seriously Multiple people have on there vehicles, if you that worried than call/email/write gm your self or just dont do it!

• Like 1

It's very much going to depend on the dealer. Should it affect warranty? No. Will the dealer use it for an excuse to not honor warranty work? Maybe.

The MM Act doesn't cover catch cans unfortunately...only like parts for like parts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

From GMC:

Since the warranty does not cover installations or alterations to the original equipment, adding a catch can device may void warranty coverage for any parts affected by this alteration. We recommend speaking to your local dealer before any changes are made to the vehicle. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

At GMC, we strive to provide exceptional customer service. If we can be of any further assistance please email us or call 1-888-988-7267 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Time, and Saturday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thank you for contacting GMC!

Sincerely,

The GMC Marketing Team
http://www.gmc.com

You've got your answer. Which can be looked at as a non answer, "May" and "speak to your local dealer". Still open.....

You've said your piece on the subject

Edited by txab
  • Like 2