Aftermarket Floor Mats / Liners

My truck finally arrived and had a chance to install the Aries mats in my crew cab. Here's my opinion.

I am returning the set for the sole reason that the rear mat for some reason is too wide. With both doors shut it actually bunches up the mat. Tag showed correct mat for my model. Maybe a mix up, who knows.

The mats seem to be a nice change of pace from the Wearthertechs. The fit is similar with not quite as much coverage as weathertechs. The look and material is much more suited for these nicer truck interiors. If the fit is right for your truck, you will not be disappointed.

These mats will not be the death of weathertech or husky though. Those mats still serve a great purpose, and I may I end up going back with weathertech.

What color did you order?

Also, was it possible to maybe trim some of the material off to make them fit better?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ordered black for a black/black interior.

Trimming may be an option. Never thought to take a closer look at seeing if that would work. I just set the front passenger side mat in and slid the rear mat in when I noticed they were too wide.

I haven't returned them yet. I'll take a second look.

I read back further in the thread (should of done this before)...

Scoobyd3w said, "Ordered some Aries 3d black front and rear mats today.

Also if you create an account with autoanything.com and get 15% off!

So these mats I got for $80 per row. pics soon..."

I ordered BLACK.

I already had an account, but if you sign up for their email messages, you can get 15% off. I found the other Promo Code by Googling...

I mentioned earlier the Aries didn't have as much coverage as weathertechs. What I should have said was the Aries are not as tall on the front mats. The actual floor area coverage is about the same, maybe more with the Aries. Just not as tall around the edges.

I read back further in the thread (should of done this before)...

Scoobyd3w said, "Ordered some Aries 3d black front and rear mats today.

Also if you create an account with autoanything.com and get 15% off!

So these mats I got for $80 per row. pics soon..."

I ordered BLACK.

I already had an account, but if you sign up for their email messages, you can get 15% off. I found the other Promo Code by Googling...

Yea... i saw that about 15 min ago :banghead: Chatting with them now to change my order to black :fingersx:

Ok, so I from my research and my reading in this thread there are NO aftermarket mats that match the Coca/Dune combo. Well that sucks. as much as I love the weathertechs / aries / husky I will not put a mat that does not match in my truck.....on that note does anyone have a set of OEM Chevy logo brown ones with the one piece logo rear mat they want to sell?

^ I need a better camera other than my phone. Great pics!!!

Just my note 2, I should get the Nikon out to really show them off.

Where did you get the Aries 3D mats from?

Autoanything if you haven't seen the other posts don't forget to Google a coupon code and save more $. Shipping was fast too.

I have a question for you guys with weathertec's. Do they get slippery when they get wet? i have never used them before, but they just look like if they get wet, my feet will be slipping all over the place.

Any thoughts?

EDIT:

Just saw those Aries mats above....I think I will be sold on those bad boys. They look really nice. Plus that rubber grip near the pedals is a GREAT thing

I now prefer these over any other mats, my Boss checked them out today and will be ordering them too.

My truck finally arrived and had a chance to install the Aries mats in my crew cab. Here's my opinion.

I am returning the set for the sole reason that the rear mat for some reason is too wide. With both doors shut it actually bunches up the mat. Tag showed correct mat for my model. Maybe a mix up, who knows.

The mats seem to be a nice change of pace from the Wearthertechs. The fit is similar with not quite as much coverage as weathertechs. The look and material is much more suited for these nicer truck interiors. If the fit is right for your truck, you will not be disappointed.

These mats will not be the death of weathertech or husky though. Those mats still serve a great purpose, and I may I end up going back with weathertech.

What about the figment of the front mats? I was only going to get fronts anyways.

Sent from my iPhone.

Too many quotes to reply so here we go.

I ordered the black(pics don't do justice) they are darker in person and match my black carpet nice...

The rear driver side does bunch a bit with doors closed but found if you tuck everything down with doors closed the mats over time will fit better.

minor cutting could be an option but for the price these mats are pretty equal to WT and Husky.

I think it all comes down to personal style and need but all three mats are great!!

Too many quotes to reply so here we go.

I ordered the black(pics don't do justice) they are darker in person and match my black carpet nice...

The rear driver side does bunch a bit with doors closed but found if you tuck everything down with doors closed the mats over time will fit better.

minor cutting could be an option but for the price these mats are pretty equal to WT and Husky.

I think it all comes down to personal style and need but all three mats are great!!

How is the fitment on the front mats?

How is the fitment on the front mats?

Front mats fit great. The only thing I see that might erk people would be the driver side lip that covers the door sill with open door doesn't lay flat(like the hard plastic of weathertek's)because these mats are softer.

Archived