Aftermarket Floor Mats / Liners

Got my Aries mats today. Mine fit great in the Double Cab - not as wide as pics of Crew Cab in this thread. And when I went to remove the passenger WeatherTech, it had bunched up again despite the anchor I attached as prescribed by WeatherTech. Its a shame because I always used them before in other trucks. It may be the way my 86 year old Dad shuffles his feet when he climbs in...

Aries ships out of Schertz, TX so I got my mats real fast...

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just received my Aries mats and have a question. Is the front driver side mat supposed to snap in like the factory mat? Bc mine doesn't. The hole on the mat is too large.

Ah, ok. So its normal then. I dont mind it, i just wish they would have snapped in for a "cleaner" look and install.

I was thinking the same thing scooby and may try that this afternoon. It looks like the factory mat's snap will just push out like a grommet would.

When I got my Husky Weatherbeaters, the holes for the mat on the driver's side were too small. I called Husky and they sent me another mat for the driver's side with the correct holes to fit my truck. I would call the company and complain about the holes not fitting your truck. They should make this correction.

Ah, ok. So its normal then. I dont mind it, i just wish they would have snapped in for a "cleaner" look and install.

I was thinking the same thing scooby and may try that this afternoon. It looks like the factory mat's snap will just push out like a grommet would.

Did you try to install the snap from the factory mat into the Aries?

Did you try to install the snap from the factory mat into the Aries?

No, not yet. Going to try tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I'll have to trim the holes on the Aries mats for it to fit. Hopefully I'm wrong lol

I did speak to Mike (I think he is the owner of aries mats) and we had a conversation about it. He said that they may come out with a smaller clip for the mats that will better fit the posts on our trucks. He said that he would call me or email me if they did. He also mentioned that they just had a meeting less than a week ago about developing caps for the mats to cap the holes instead of utilizing them. I for one would chose that option over having hole that don't fit the posts in the truck.

Anyways, I will update this thread tomorrow on whether ort not I'm able to get the factory clips to work with the Aries mats.

No, not yet. Going to try tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I'll have to trim the holes on the Aries mats for it to fit. Hopefully I'm wrong lol

I did speak to Mike (I think he is the owner of aries mats) and we had a conversation about it. He said that they may come out with a smaller clip for the mats that will better fit the posts on our trucks. He said that he would call me or email me if they did. He also mentioned that they just had a meeting less than a week ago about developing caps for the mats to cap the holes instead of utilizing them. I for one would chose that option over having hole that don't fit the posts in the truck.

Anyways, I will update this thread tomorrow on whether ort not I'm able to get the factory clips to work with the Aries mats.

Good info. I talked to the Aries shop in Schertz and they said the rear mats for the crew cab do not go under the seat like the weathers and huskys. I do wish they would add this to their to-do list. And have the rear under the seat mat taper down to the door sill rather than a turned up lip like the others.

Interesting. The rear mat for the Double Cab does go all of the way under the seat and does not turn up. It tapers down like the front do.

Thanks. I have sent Aries an email to be sure the info I was given (Sierra crew cab fit not under rear seat) is correct.

So i wasn't able to tackle this yesterday but i got it done this morning. Just an FYI, the factory clips (And the Aries clips for that matter) are a pain in the @ss to get out... Be prepared to fight with it for 30 min or so lol

Sadly i didn't take a picture of the factory clip apart (too busy fighting with it lol) but i can describe it. The factory clip snaps together. If you flip the mat over and look at the back of the clip you will see that the back snaps into the front half of the clip. On my first clip i wedged a small flat-head screwdriver between the mat and the clip and worked the mat out from the clip and around it to where the clip came out as one. I then spent the next 20 minutes trying to figure out how i would separate them (It isnt easy..). I tried pulling, wedging the flat-head between the two and prying etc. I almost gave up but then started to make a slight headway. I wedge the screwdriver between the two and started to pry. This was bending the inner snap that holds them together and slightly damaging it, but i was determined to split them. I finally separated them but it wasn't easy and left me with a slight cut on my finger from the sharp plastic edges.

I then turned to the Aries mat to take one of its plastic guards off. The plastic trim on the Aries mat consists of two pieces. These screw together and are not easy to get a part either...

Pic:

C6B41895-3E9A-45C6-B716-5C2F879FC2DF_zps

01875C36-55E7-4383-A42B-F0E9CED9BD33_zps

The side with the two small holes is the bottom piece and the other thread half is the top. from the bottom side, I used a small pair of pliers to hold the inner ring of the top (threaded) half and a pair of very skinny needle nose pliers to insert into one of the small holes and tried turning the bottom cap. This will take some time as they are not easily unscrewed. After a few minutes i began to make some headway and was finally able to unscrew the bottom half from he top half.

On my Aries mat i have to trim the hole ever so slightly (very very small area) to insert the factory clip's protruding piece. I then snapped the back on and walla! I turned the mat over and then realized i had just installed it in the mat backwards..... :banghead:

I removed it (same way as before) and reinstalled and everything looked great.

Now on the second factory clip, i found a somewhat easier way to remove it. I used a small flat-head to wedge between the two halves from the back side of the clip. If you look from the back side you will see that there are 3 pieces of split ring that hole the back halve in place. I wedge it between one of these rings and the back half of the clip. I then used a larger screwdriver and placed it on the top half piece from the backside and pushed hard. I was able to push the top half thru the clips and separated them. I then installed this into the Aries mat after i removed the Aries clip (Same unscrewing process as before).

Once i had the factory clips installed i placed the mat in the truck to test the clips to see if they would reach and snap to the post and they do!!! :cheers:

Pics:

E3834BFE-97B3-4BC9-B33A-20F9185CD698_zps

816E3AAE-6771-42FD-BDE8-D0BA9976C9BB_zps

C2D406FB-BC9B-4C5A-8E87-C5AF22EAE1A8_zps

So all in all it took me right at 45 min or so of aggravation and fighting but it paid off. The factory clips are installed in the Aries mats and i think it looks 10x better.

I installed the Aries clips on the factor mat so i wont lose them

6EACBFC8-D3EC-4CFC-97BF-DDAABD40E85E_zps

000266EE-B95D-4823-8B5C-C8810EC102FA_zps

Archived