My SLT

Hello Guys!!!

Been around here for a little while just reading and enjoying all the great stuff on this forum.

Well my truck is a Quicksilver CC SLT 3.42 with black/dark ash interior. I've had the truck for almost a month and have 3k miles on the dash with no issues to date.

It started like this.

1stday.jpg

Then after the running boards and Texas Edition emblems were removed.

Before.jpg

After the McGaughy's lowering kit (#34160). I went with the 3"-5" configuration. Oh and the Sierra badges....GONE

After.jpg

After 24" CK375 replicas

Afterwith24s.jpg

I know I will probably get some heat from the "it's a truck, why did you do that" crowd....Sorry Guys, but this is what I like and they are few and far between.

I just received my HID's for the Headlights &Fogs and in the next couple of weeks I will Color Match the wheel arch mouldings, Tint, BakFlip VP and that's about all I want to do.

Thanks for looking and all comments are welcome (good or bad)

Mark

PS: better pictures to come

It's a damn shame you live so far away, I would buy your stock rims and tires in a heart beat. How do you find the ride after the drop? I'm looking to do the same thing with mine but I'm a single cab short box. Did you leave the stock shocks in? How long/much was the install? Any problems with alignment after? Great looking truck by the way, I personally like the look of dropped 1500's because all I ever see are lifted ones.

Looks terrible, if you want a caddy, buy a caddy. That's my opinion of course, I give you kudos for doing what you like though - I also think guys who throw massive suspension kits on their trucks without doing any engine work and/or never taking them off road are just as nuts. Its a clean looking truck I can say that.

It's a damn shame you live so far away, I would buy your stock rims and tires in a heart beat. How do you find the ride after the drop? I'm looking to do the same thing with mine but I'm a single cab short box. Did you leave the stock shocks in? How long/much was the install? Any problems with alignment after? Great looking truck by the way, I personally like the look of dropped 1500's because all I ever see are lifted ones.

Thanks Guys!!!

I agree with you Sporty the only non stock trucks around here are lifted and you can get those from the dealer. Plus I have only had lowered trucks for the last 6 trucks so it was bound to happen.

Stock rims are GONE!!! I got $1400 for them which was better than collecting dust in storage.

As for the ride I couldn't be happier. That kit uses the stock springs and shocks your truck just looks better. The Alignment came out Perfect!!!

At the end of the day cost to lower was $750 for the kit, $500 for install, and $150 for a lifetime alignment.........$1400 total and it took the shop 5 hours to do the work.

My only issue which I already knew would happen is that I feel the road imperfections alot more because of the lower profile tires.....But it sure does look sweet!!!

Thanks Again

I think it looks cool. Nice !!!!

Get some color matched vent shades. It'll look real unique. Make sure you get in-channel ones. Still can't believe people are retarded enough to purchase double sided tape stick on ones on-top of their paint.

Hello Guys!!!

Been around here for a little while just reading and enjoying all the great stuff on this forum.

Well my truck is a Quicksilver CC SLT 3.42 with black/dark ash interior. I've had the truck for almost a month and have 3k miles on the dash with no issues to date.

It started like this.

1stday.jpg

Then after the running boards and Texas Edition emblems were removed.

Before.jpg

After the McGaughy's lowering kit (#34160). I went with the 3"-5" configuration. Oh and the Sierra badges....GONE

After.jpg

After 24" CK375 replicas

Afterwith24s.jpg

I know I will probably get some heat from the "it's a truck, why did you do that" crowd....Sorry Guys, but this is what I like and they are few and far between.

I just received my HID's for the Headlights &Fogs and in the next couple of weeks I will Color Match the wheel arch mouldings, Tint, BakFlip VP and that's about all I want to do.

Thanks for looking and all comments are welcome (good or bad)

Mark

PS: better pictures to come

I THINK IT LOOKS VERY CLEAN AND SHARP, I THINK TAKING OF THE SIERRA ON THE SIDES AND BADGES MAKE IT EVEN CLEANER. DID YOU TAKE THE GMC OFF THE TAILGATE. IS IT JUST A TACK'D ON BADGE NO HOLES??

I THINK IT LOOKS VERY CLEAN AND SHARP, I THINK TAKING OF THE SIERRA ON THE SIDES AND BADGES MAKE IT EVEN CLEANER. DID YOU TAKE THE GMC OFF THE TAILGATE. IS IT JUST A TACK'D ON BADGE NO HOLES??

I took mine off, no holes, just alot of adhesive!

Can't even tell anything was ever there though now.

Archived