Muffler Delete

Good to see more people are jumping on the band wagon. I thought I would be satisfied with this but I'm still wanting more ha ha. I'm going to cut the valve and the back muffler off as well and put a super 44 and a nice 3.5" rolled tip. Now that I have my diablo intune I have the afm disabled so I'm not worried about drone anymore. I went to the dealer yesterday to have my bcm updated and they said I need some sort of a muffler to keep warranty so I had to either leave the back resonator/muffler on or put my stock one back on and get rid of the rear one. I said I would just put a little race muffler on and cut everything else off and they laughed and said that was fine as long as they saw some form of a muffler. I'm doing my exhaust again on Friday so I will post another update after it's done. The muffler and the Magnaflow tip only cost 85 dollars so it's still way way cheaper than a bought cat back.

Thanks

Will

They can't void warranty over exhaust

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They can't void warranty over exhaust

They can if you have no mufflers.

Negative... http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson%E2%80%93Moss_Warranty_Act

They have to prove the lack of muffler caused what ever part failed to deny Warranty coverage.

If you had a 6inch lift and 37's and ball joint failed... They wouldn't fix

Hmm okay I thought you needed a muffler to not only to stay legal but to also keep warranty. In that case I don't mind looking into long tubes now.

American racing headers w I'll have some soon.

Muffler you dont neeed as long as there is a tailpipe..

In va your not allowed to modify at all.... Welll that never happens lol

Bit those are just for looksSent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4
No they aren't.. You got to be kidding me.. . Stock manifolds are no where near as open or honed as a tuned length or Shorty header. Long tubes on a truck is worthless. Takes away low end torque and opens up on top end.. I've built more motors than i care to Count. And did custom tuning in hp tuners.

More air in More air out. More fuel More power.. Simple

Archived