Muffler Delete

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've always been under the impression the factory manifolds flow pretty damn good and that you won't get a whole lot from shortys.

They have gotten better.. But still they don't take the time to hone the inside for optimal flow. Nor do they take the time to do a bunch of r&d on 10 manifold designs till they get the most hp and tq. They make manifolds that fit with clearance that will make decent numbers.

Just like intake designs.. They make them have the quietest possible intake.. They aren't going for hp.

But stock intakes actually flow just fine

I was quoted 140.00 by my local muffler shop to do this, and they quoted me a magnaflow muffler for 125 more... This was a locally owned small shop. Any suggestions on where else to look? I live near DC so everything is expensive.

I was quoted 140.00 by my local muffler shop to do this, and they quoted me a magnaflow muffler for 125 more... This was a locally owned small shop. Any suggestions on where else to look? I live near DC so everything is expensive.

If you have more than one shop, look around. I paid $40 for the delete. $140 is way to high. It took less than 20 min.

UHHH WHAT??? $140 is crazy. They must be using a hacksaw to cut the old muffler out and charging per stroke. It looks like they are trying to sell you a muffler. I could get a Magnaflow installed for about $160

Go somewhere else.

My guy was going to do it for $30 but I went ahead and gave the installer and extra $10 because they have done so much for me in the past.

$50 would be the MAX

Its been like that for a good while now. Its flat on the bottom, but it is wider to compensate

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro

I went this afternoon to do this but the muffler shop did not have 2.75" tubing and was arguing with me that the factory system is not stainless. Gonna try another shop

I just redone mine today and I'm happy as a pig in ****. I put a 3" super 44 on, removed the back muffler, cut the valve off, and put a nice rolled stainless tip. I can't believe how deep the super 44's are. The truck has a very aggressive bark but zero rasp. I'll post a video again on youtube tomorrow when I get a chance. All in all it cost me $94 and I'm very pleased with the results.

Its been like that for a good while now. Its flat on the bottom, but it is wider to compensateSent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro
No.. Changing of tubing effects the exhaust pulses. Like a h Pipe and x pipe. That flat doesn't flow as well as a circular tubing. We can get pretty technical in this. But those can be changed and make a great gain.

I just redone mine today and I'm happy as a pig in ****. I put a 3" super 44 on, removed the back muffler, cut the valve off, and put a nice rolled stainless tip. I can't believe how deep the super 44's are. The truck has a very aggressive bark but zero rasp. I'll post a video again on youtube tomorrow when I get a chance. All in all it cost me $94 and I'm very pleased with the results.
Hell yeah!!!! Post a video

Im sure it can be changed and do good. I plainly stated it has been that way for a while and they attempt to compensate by widening the tubing on the flat portions.

Im sure it can be changed and do good. I plainly stated it has been that way for a while and they attempt to compensate by widening the tubing on the flat portions.

Oh for sure. But they could of done much better.. But they do it for cost, and how fast they can put them on the assembly line ;).

Than again those same engineers gave us these vibrating ass trucks @60+ mph.. But i love this thing

Factory is normally aluminized steel

Ok good to know. I'm gonna go with their aluminzed steel then

You can use 3" pipe to weld to 2.75" pipe.

I figured as such, and its probably even easier as they won't even need to flare the ends

Archived