2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

Does anyone tried these Belltech Lowering Shackles Part #:6401 or 6400 on 2017 2500/3500hd? I called them an they said they don't make shackles for 2500/3500hd just for 1500. :nonod: Can someone share a link for the right shackles for my truck. 2017 2500HD. Thanks

http://www.belltech.com/belltech-07-17-chevrolet-silverado-sierra-1-2-ton-all-2-or-3-rear-drop-6401.html

I'm limited on ways to lower a 4x4. There's no spindle that works on a 17 4x4 otherwise I would've done that with the djm arm

Inez is working on a setup for the 4wd Silverados. Started a few weeks ago on the design.

whats the difference between spindles from 2015 and 2017?

Probably size and shape to accommodate the axles and extra strength needed. I'm 2wd so not completely sure. The Inez kit will most likely be arm replacements but won't know for sure until they get put into production. I'm sure if you're near SE Texas you could drop by the shop and sneak a peak. :D

Chevy was not awesome and made 3 different spindle types. 07-16 (some 16s) have cast steel spindles. Some of those years also had aluminum spindles. From 16.5 on tbey went to a stamped steel arm and hd ball joint

Probably size and shape to accommodate the axles and extra strength needed. I'm 2wd so not completely sure. The Inez kit will most likely be arm replacements but won't know for sure until they get put into production. I'm sure if you're near SE Texas you could drop by the shop and sneak a peak. :D

I would love to be able to do that, unfortunately i am in Middle of Nowhere W.V. As soon as i say i want to lower my truck, people freak out.

Inez is working on a setup for the 4wd Silverados. Started a few weeks ago on the design.

:help::help:

What about shackles? Are they also different? Cant find one for 2017 2500hd 4x4 z71 :dunno::banghead::fume:

Finally got the Sierra Denali lowered with DJM 3/5 kit.

Lowered control arms in the front and flip kit in the rear.

26"x10" +31 offset GMC Sierra wheels.

Borla ProXS dual exhaust 3.5" oval tips out the sides.

Recon black with LED halo headlight.

LED tailight, LED 3rd brake light.

LED fog lights (on order).

Blacked out GMC grille emblem. Rear emblem not installed yet.

Working on component speakers/sub box/amp/DSP install next.

post-155087-0-20580800-1507574381_thumb.png

Edited by Denali2low
  • Like 1

I wanted to chime in here as well.

2014 Silverado DCSB LT Z71 4WD.

Really wanting to lower it at some point. I've looked at every possible kit for these trucks and just not sure where to go with it mainly because of the fact that it's 4WD. I know there's companies out there making stuff for the truck, but when you're like me and have never done suspension work or even lowered a pickup before, things can get a tiny bit overwhelming pretty quickly.

I planned on starting out on either an easy 2/3 drop (while upgrading shocks and struts since the ranchos have 70K+ miles on them now) to get a feel for how I'd like having the truck lowered, and possibly going to a 3/5 or 4/6, but biggest things I'm concerned about are the driveshafts and CV axles (All of which really ought to be upgraded since I would like to go faster, but that's a different topic for a different area of the forum) and pinion angles, etc. All that fun stuff.

Am I really making it out to be that hard in my head, or is there honestly more to it?

Forgive me if this has been long since discussed. Trying to dig through 106 pages of posts is going to get tiring quick. So, I do apologize if it's been discussed. I figured it'd be easier to reply here rather than start a new thread.