2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

Picked up this 17 about a month ago, first thing I did was debadged it, got some factory painted mirror caps/handles, and black front emblem. Then I ordered a belltech 4/7 kit and had it installed, ended up putting in the 1" lift shackle cuz I like a little rake. Still debating about going down 1 more inch front and rear. Here's a few pics....

d31097916b4bf420207806d5e939a0fa.jpgb6c27097d1a4c43ff1e86b1ea66e22e4.jpgc6b3edc430302966033d3c921720f39d.jpg7821d8439d66fa14663585bd8fa6ca1a.jpg

Edited by wantavant
  • Like 4

Knocked this out in about 4 days in my driveway. Axle flip rear. Upper and lower control arms in the front. The lower control arms feature strut spacers that can be removed for even more front drop technically making the kit a 6/6.

Inez Hot Rods and Customs Adjustable 4/6 kit.

cleanlow

The guys at IHC were great to work with and the kit is very well made. I don't think they're allowed to say what brand shocks are in the kit, but they are ProComp ES9000's. Decent shocks overall. I will most likely be swapping them out for a billstein or something similar in performance.
Edited by Goinovr
  • Like 1

Haven't had a chance to wash it yet, but here is mine with Belltech 6401 kit (6400 shackles w/spacers for block removal). Glad I bought the 6401 kit. Was skeptical on the spacers, but they were narrower than the black so you're torquing on new threads and save a lot of extra turns. I didn't have air tools available this time. Didn't do the block removal on my 14 Sierra, but always wished I had, thought it would be lower in the back. On my 17 Silverado, I got 1.25" from the blocks and another 1.75" from the shackles. Thought I was gonna end up lower on the rear, but it was exactly 3" and I'm sitting at 36-36.125" at all 4 wheel wells. Funny thing is starting out right front was 0.5" higher than left front, but leveled out after lowering the rear? Right side is about 1/8" higher than left. Magnaflow 14" muffler, Airaid MIT tube/filter, tint, stubby antenna.1f5ef7894486a9846e8517fc5454c630.jpg

4x4? and stock front completely? i think this is the setup i want.

After I put my shackles on, the rear end is now closer to the rear of the wheel opening. Is this the same for everyone that installed McG shackles?

It does not affect the way the truck drives. As a matter of fact I remember thinking it rode better with the shackles than stock.

Edited by Eddie 70
  • Like 1

Anything that lowers the stance of the vehicle will bring the bump stop closer to the axle. The good news is you can just unbolt the massive bump stops (12 or 14mm bolt I think) and just put some new low profile bump stops in to regain that clearance. You'll have to verify the thread pitch though. I do not know what it is as I cut the entire mount off the frame.

Edited by Goinovr

After adding the shackle kit, is the bump stop now closer to the axle because of the drop?

Yes, it will always be closer when you lower, but I have absolutely no issues with it bottoming out.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Installed Mcgaughy drop kit on my 2016. Ended up going 4/5 with their helper bag kit. Tires are 265/50-20's

Holy crap you must have a huge front rake. I have a 4/7 with abkut 20lbs of sir in the helpers so it's about a 4/6. With 28" tire up front and 30 rear and I have a big rake. Why 4/5 and bit 4/6 or even 3/5?