2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

Until we get rid of the "ears in the rear" (stupid ass bumper steps) nobody's going to win any shows lol

I'm going to have to address this sooner then later :)

I've got a first in class & a third overall trucks.

:P

SweetSilverado, I didn't actually use a kit, I used McGaughy's 2" shackles in the rear and removed the factory 1-1/4" block. On the front I used Rough Country's lower strut mount for a 2" drop. Cost $88 total + alignment. I've used spindles, springs, struts and flip kits in the past but wanted to give the Rough Country lower strut mount a try this time, and so far, I'm happy. No bumpsteer, no driveline vibrations and it drives/rides as it did stock. I would like to bring the rear down another 1/2" but its going to require some nifty fabrication... I'll tackle that another day.

SweetSilverado, I didn't actually use a kit, I used McGaughy's 2" shackles in the rear and removed the factory 1-1/4" block. On the front I used Rough Country's lower strut mount for a 2" drop. Cost $88 total + alignment. I've used spindles, springs, struts and flip kits in the past but wanted to give the Rough Country lower strut mount a try this time, and so far, I'm happy. No bumpsteer, no driveline vibrations and it drives/rides as it did stock. I would like to bring the rear down another 1/2" but its going to require some nifty fabrication... I'll tackle that another day.

Is you're alignment within factory specs? I have spring relocators in the front They couldn't get mine perfect till I get offset bushings. I might have to order a camber kit from belltech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry guys I'd normally quote your reply but I can't figure out how to do from the Android App...

Mine did align to within specs, but there isn't anymore adjustment left. I will also note, just because mine aligned within spec doesn't necessarily mean yours will. I read just about every forum on the world wide web before I lowered my 2013 crew cab 4"/5" and the general consensus was if I lowered it using the BellTech 647SP kit it should align with the cam bushings that come in the BellTech kit. That was not the case with my truck. It was WAY out and couldn't get it within spec without adding a cam kit. Apparently, the tolerance on the frames and mounting hardware was fairly broad.

Hey guys I've been lurking around here trying to get as much info as I can, I should be ordering a RCSB 4WD (it snows here) this week and I plan on doing a 2/4 drop on it.

Anyway I thought this might be helpful for those of you with vibration issues

http://www.hurst-drivelines.com/files/Universal_Joint_Alignment_Proc_111606.pdf

Also does anyone know why you can't buy a flip kit for a 4WD? Is the rear axle different in some way?

TJay.... Can you verify something for me because I am the only one that seemed to have this problem because nobody else is reporting it. Now I fixed mine before driving but it could be the noise you are hearing.

You won't be able to see it without a small mirror or you will have to take a picture which is what I did using my phone. Crawl underneath your truck and just above your spring where it bolts to the drop shackle, see how close that bed seam comes to the spring. I was touching on one side and only had 1/16" on the other... Yours is a 4x4 and mine is 2wd so it may be different but if you are hitting the bed seam it would certainly be your issue.