2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

I'm spec'ing some Vi-king shocks right now. Wheels...probably the 2014 Silverado 18" OEM powder coated gunmetal gray.

Mounting the spare in the bed. Custom exhaust with a center rear exit like the Chevy Cheyenne shown at SEMA.

Denny's driveshaft and drive shaft loops.

FI. Leaning toward a Whipple right now.

I'd be half way there if I hadn't spent the last month screwing around with this Belltech 988 kit.

Finally got mine sorted out. But I wouldn't recommend this kit for a RCSB. In addition to jacking with pinion shims and transmission spacers, the driveshaft needed to be shortened 1.5". As the yutes would say, sketchy.

wow never heard of anybody having to shorten the driveshaft when istalling a flipkit, and i thought pinion shims and transmision spacers were only for crew cabs and extended cabs because of the two piece driveshaft.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good, I've decided to go with the Belltech 3/5 - 4/6 adjustable drop PN#996. I'll have to lower it 3/5 until I get wheels, the factory tires on the LTZ 20's are too tall and wide and will rub when lowered 4/6.

1658451_714625681893653_2071964821_o.jpg

1796933_714625731893648_903174984_o.jpg

Edited by brentadams646
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

For those who put a 2" lowering shackle and modified the bump stop on their 2014 silverado, did you have any problems with the shocks or any problems at all?? Would you recommend use lowering shackles??

I cant decide if i want to do this or not. I just dont want to run into problems

i removed only the rear blocks and i have 1" difference from front to back. sitting in a parking lot or on the street it looks great. I didn't want to have to pay to level it out or adjust anything.

FYI I had a 2012 AWD Denali and any time you leveled with a spacer on the front people reported vibration due to the front drive shaft being stretched too far, so on mine I removed the 1.5" block from the back. Did the same on my 2014 and it looks and rides amazing for costing $0.00

Is anyone else having the low speed vibration with 2" drop shackles on their 2014? It's a very mild vibration from about 25 to 32 MPH. After a quick search, it seems fairly common on other years. I'm wondering if lowering 1" with the shackles and removing the blocks will cure it as it seems to have to do with the angle caused by the 2" shackle drop.

Also, mine is still about 1.4" higher in the rear with the drop. (2WD RCSB) I'm fine with it, but thought I would let people know for reference.

Looks good, I've decided to go with the Belltech 3/5 - 4/6 adjustable drop PN#996. I'll have to lower it 3/5 until I get wheels, the factory tires on the LTZ 20's are too tall and wide and will rub when lowered 4/6.

1658451_714625681893653_2071964821_o.jpg

1796933_714625731893648_903174984_o.jpg

So I've had this kit on for about 2K miles. You will need helper bags if you plan on loading up the bed. I actually raised mine up an inch in the rear to help out with towing and putting loads in the bed. Now it doesn't appear the rear is sagging and it's more even all the way around. I also discovered neither the stock 18" wheels will not fit without cutting the balljoint stud way down. Even after doing that the spare will not fit on the front. I also have a pretty good vibration from 55mph - 66 mph. But it was like this before lowering the truck. My pinion angle is spot on. The front valance will have to go for me, my wife already destroyed that.

Is anyone else having the low speed vibration with 2" drop shackles on their 2014? It's a very mild vibration from about 25 to 32 MPH. After a quick search, it seems fairly common on other years. I'm wondering if lowering 1" with the shackles and removing the blocks will cure it as it seems to have to do with the angle caused by the 2" shackle drop.

Also, mine is still about 1.4" higher in the rear with the drop. (2WD RCSB) I'm fine with it, but thought I would let people know for reference.

I had read that some people were getting a little vibration and that's why I went ahead and bought a 3* shim kit for the rear. Mine did not have the vibration after lowering so I didn't install them but you can pick them up at most auto parts stores, Auto Zone had them in stock.

• Like 1