2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

The guys at djm said that there leaf perch moves the wheel back enough to allow it to all work i guess.

Someone on here said that gm is using a different driveshaft then what was being used on early trucks, i installed a mcgaughys flipkit on mine and didn't need to shorten the driveshaft but another member on here with the mcgaughys flipkit had to shorten his I guess you won't know till you do it

Edited by 2014blacksinglecab

do you have any pictures of the airbag helper kit?

While I installed the wheel well liners today, I shot a picture of the McGaughys helper Bag kit for their 6' flip kit.....

After shortening the driveshaft, everything went together great. Truck rides better then stock......

bags_zps64e1a82c.jpg

OK I want to drop my 14 Sierra in the rear 2". If it is slightly higher than the front I am fine with that I just don't care for the extra high look in the rear. So do the mcgaughy's fit and not squeak and not cause driveline issues and not vibrate if that is the only change that I make ? After removing the hitch do you have to fight the spring to remove and reinstall the bolts ? Any issue at all with the Mcgaughy brand ?

Thanks,

Yotaman

OK I want to drop my 14 Sierra in the rear 2". If it is slightly higher than the front I am fine with that I just don't care for the extra high look in the rear. So do the mcgaughy's fit and not squeak and not cause driveline issues and not vibrate if that is the only change that I make ? After removing the hitch do you have to fight the spring to remove and reinstall the bolts ? Any issue at all with the Mcgaughy brand ?

Thanks,

Yotaman

I just installed these this past weekend on my CC SIlverado. After the hitch comes off it's pretty straight forward. I didn't have to fight the spring but I did have to roll the bed seam to get the spring up far enough to take the top bolts off. Overall though not a bad install. Once you get familiar with doing one side, the other will go twice as fast. So far all is good. No squeaks or vibrations. Here's a before and after.

IMG 1560

Thanks Flt23 that looks way better dropped than stock. What does rolling the bed seam mean ? Bending sheet metal out of the way ? any pics ?

Sharp wheels too BTW

Thanks,

Yotaman

Edited by Yotaman

Thanks Flt23 that looks way better dropped than stock. What does rolling the bed seam mean ? Bending sheet metal out of the way ? any pics ?

Sharp wheels too BTW

Thanks,

Yotaman

Yes, there is an area above the spring where some sheet metal comes together from the bed that you will have to bend out of the way. I'll see what I can do to get some pics for ya. Thanks for the compliments!

3/5 dropEnviado desde mi DROID4 mediante TapatalkAre those Tahoe wheels ?

Those are the new 20s they come on Texas Edition.

Enviado desde mi DROID4 mediante Tapatalk

I have found plenty of pictures of trucks with the front ends leveled but can't seem to find ANY of the new Silverado or Sierra with a leveled rear suspension using 1-2" drop shackles. Anyone have any pictures?

Here's mine with the 3" Belltech kit (blocks removed) I think it's perfect. And no, I did not trim my bump stops and I'm having ZERO issues with it. Lovin' it!

Truck.jpg

Edited by HMcCaleb

For those who put a 2" lowering shackle and modified the bump stop on their 2014 silverado, did you have any problems with the shocks or any problems at all?? Would you recommend use lowering shackles??

I cant decide if i want to do this or not. I just dont want to run into problems

Truck.jpg

I used to the Belltech 3" lowering shackles (includes the removal of the factory block) and I did NOT trim my bump stops. I have over 1,000 miles on it and no issues at all.

I have 2" McGaughy's drop shackles and removed the factory block, cut the bump stops to the last "ring" below the bump stop cup. Have no problems with the factory shocks bottoming out on travel and have very rarely even hit the bump stops. No vibrations.