2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

I used the Belltech drop shackles and I removed the blocks, for a total drop of 3", and I have no problems. Smooth as butta'!

Did you are the installer have to fold the seam on the bed with the BellTechs ??

Yotaman

Hello all, I have 2014 Sierra 2wd, 1500, CC, standard bed. I recently installed a 4/6 DJM kit and have experienced some issues. First the stock 285/45/22 tires rub the fender well ALOT, and there is vibration that gradually increases from about 55 mph on up as you accelerate. I'm going to put smaller tires but want to fix vibe issue first, dont want to change to many things at once. The truck always had a flutter when taking off from a stop and still does. To be honest I dont even know where to start. I dont think it is pinion angle as the installer has checked it twice and says it is spot on. At least the installer has been good about it so far and willing to help but not sure what the fix maybe. Any ideas??

Hello all, I have 2014 Sierra 2wd, 1500, CC, standard bed. I recently installed a 4/6 DJM kit and have experienced some issues. First the stock 285/45/22 tires rub the fender well ALOT, and there is vibration that gradually increases from about 55 mph on up as you accelerate. I'm going to put smaller tires but want to fix vibe issue first, dont want to change to many things at once. The truck always had a flutter when taking off from a stop and still does. To be honest I dont even know where to start. I dont think it is pinion angle as the installer has checked it twice and says it is spot on. At least the installer has been good about it so far and willing to help but not sure what the fix maybe. Any ideas??

Any pics

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Sorry not real hip on how to post pics.

Bayou, you said you were having the vibration issues before? I know a few shops in here have been installing 2pc drive shafts from the previous body style and it has been correcting drive line vibration issues.

Brent thanks for the reply, yea the slight flutter when taking off from a stop has been there since day one. What has me more concerned are the vibes at hwy speeds. I have read a couple places were on older trucks this was corrected by basically installing a bracket that lifts the carrier bearing, however i cant find a kit like this for a 2014 GMC.

That was the good thing about previous gen trucks, 2 piece drive shafts... Then the '14's have very little play on top of one piece, so it's very easy to get it in a bind.

Did you are the installer have to fold the seam on the bed with the BellTechs ??

Yotaman

I had to flatten it totally out on all 3 2014 trucks Ive lowered.. Mine was worse then the other two, I ended up cutting mine off, because even flattened the damn top bolt wouldn't come out.

i lowered mine with the belltech 3 5 kit and i seem to also have that vibration rubbing sound in the rear as soon as i get closer to 50mph, installer notice that also and he installed a shim on transmission mount i believe? i couldnt quite understand him since they been working on it for like 10 hrs trying to figure it out, as this time i have no clue what to do as either as the shop who lowered the truck. [/url]">http://http://s801.photobucket.com/user/rang3l93280/media/1658650_916903208335602_3359907531639276262_o.jpg.html'>1658650_916903208335602_3359907531639276

I'm looking for the best way to lower the rear of my 2014 2WD 1500 about 1.5". That will still give it about a 1.5" rake which should mean level when I'm towing. I considered drop shackles but was reading about removing the rear lift plate that's between the axle and spring.

My question is can the leaf spring sit directly on the axle or is some sort of spacer / bushing required for proper alignment and isolation?

I took the blocks out of my 2010, 2013 and now out of my 2014. Take the blocks out and use the same ubolts and put

6 washers on each ubolt stud, there is not any change in the ride. The blocks are a lttle over one inch but it looks like

you lowered it two inchs. The bottom line is the trucks looks a whole better. I am 71 years old and it is easy to do for an old

man, my 5 year old granson can do it.

So after I get back from vacation I plan on ordering a kit for my 4wd Denali, the truck that made me decide to lower it is an all terrain 4wd with a 4/7 drop thinking I might follow his lead any suggestions?

So far I've talked to Mcgaughys and Belltech. Belltech told me they haven’t tested anything on the 4wd yet and the don't recommend trying to use any of their 2wd products on a 4wd. Mcgaughys has a 2/4 kit but I personally don't like it, They did tell me that the rear parts are all the same but they don’t have anything available to get the front lower than 2 inches. If anyone knows of anything else available I'd like to know

• Like 1

So far I've talked to Mcgaughys and Belltech. Belltech told me they havent tested anything on the 4wd yet and the don't recommend trying to use any of their 2wd products on a 4wd. Mcgaughys has a 2/4 kit but I personally don't like it, They did tell me that the rear parts are all the same but they dont have anything available to get the front lower than 2 inches. If anyone knows of anything else available I'd like to know

He's using the mcgaughey 2wd adjustable kit, I confirmed it with him he notched the rear frame however and set up a helper bag for towing, he's got it on the full 4/7 drop