2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

I had read that some people were getting a little vibration and that's why I went ahead and bought a 3* shim kit for the rear. Mine did not have the vibration after lowering so I didn't install them but you can pick them up at most auto parts stores, Auto Zone had them in stock.

Do you know a part number or what it's labeled as? I called my local auto zone and the guy had no idea.

Is anyone else having the low speed vibration with 2" drop shackles on their 2014? It's a very mild vibration from about 25 to 32 MPH. After a quick search, it seems fairly common on other years. I'm wondering if lowering 1" with the shackles and removing the blocks will cure it as it seems to have to do with the angle caused by the 2" shackle drop.

Also, mine is still about 1.4" higher in the rear with the drop. (2WD RCSB) I'm fine with it, but thought I would let people know for reference.

I had read that some people were getting a little vibration and that's why I went ahead and bought a 3* shim kit for the rear. Mine did not have the vibration after lowering so I didn't install them but you can pick them up at most auto parts stores, Auto Zone had them in stock.

I have the Belltech flip kit for the 2014 RCSB. I have a vibration from about 25-35. Removing the trans spacer and a 4" shim didn't help much.

Belltech tech support was of no help.

Oh and I had to shorten my driveshaft 1.5", too.

Do you know a part number or what it's labeled as? I called my local auto zone and the guy had no idea.

I lied, they are 2* but should be plenty to get rid of any slight vibration. I'm actually going to swap out my 1.25" blocks for .5" blocks and will put the 2* shims in when I do so that I can get the pinion angle back closer to stock.

D55382BB-7EB0-43AA-9AF6-A659FCDD8F71.jpg

FDBE7219-2697-41CE-B104-754AF815D855.jpg

I have the Belltech flip kit for the 2014 RCSB. I have a vibration from about 25-35. Removing the trans spacer and a 4" shim didn't help much.Belltech tech support was of no help.Oh and I had to shorten my driveshaft 1.5", too.

Shouldn't you be adding another 1/2" (or more) to the trans spacer, you want to raise the back of the transmission to give you more driveline angle. If you don't have something to use as a spacer you can substitute washers or even larger nuts of all the same thickness until your vibration is gone, then order a spacer the thickness that ended up working for you. I personally would start with an extra 3/8-1/2" and keep going up from there, there should be no need to go past 1" for a drop that size, especially on a RCSB.

Just a suggestion.

I have the Belltech flip kit for the 2014 RCSB. I have a vibration from about 25-35. Removing the trans spacer and a 4" shim didn't help much.

Belltech tech support was of no help.

Oh and I had to shorten my driveshaft 1.5", too.

You and I have pretty much the same rear set up I wonder why you are experiencing vibration I didn't add shims or spacers and I don't have vibration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure. I had a local shop do the install and the followup troubleshooting. We both had Belltech support engaged. I even asked if they had a certified or recommended installer I could take it to for verification of the install. No luck in all of the DFW area. :S

I didn't break open the boxes I received but they were labeled correctly. (#988). I looked to see as best I could if the install was done correctly and it appeared so.

At this point, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

I lied, they are 2* but should be plenty to get rid of any slight vibration. I'm actually going to swap out my 1.25" blocks for .5" blocks and will put the 2* shims in when I do so that I can get the pinion angle back closer to stock.

D55382BB-7EB0-43AA-9AF6-A659FCDD8F71.jpg

FDBE7219-2697-41CE-B104-754AF815D855.jpg

thank you.

Is anyone else having the low speed vibration with 2" drop shackles on their 2014? It's a very mild vibration from about 25 to 32 MPH. After a quick search, it seems fairly common on other years. I'm wondering if lowering 1" with the shackles and removing the blocks will cure it as it seems to have to do with the angle caused by the 2" shackle drop.

Also, mine is still about 1.4" higher in the rear with the drop. (2WD RCSB) I'm fine with it, but thought I would let people know for reference.

Remove the rear blocks.

044DF323-2108-4B86-86D9-84803560B327_zps

Hello,
Hoping someone here may shed some light on a problem I have.
I have a brand new '14 Silverado 2WD regular cab. It's in the shop today getting a 3/5-4/6 McGraphys drop (kit 34170)
After installing the flip kit (correctly) there is literally no free play in the driveshaft/tranny.
After some research by my installer, and Cliff at McGaughy's, I'm being told that Chevy made a mid year change to the rear suspension and also has changed the driveshaft, new part number.
Before I have my driveshaft shortened, has anyone else experienced this problem? My truck was built on 3/08/14

Thanks.......Rich

• Like 1

Hello,

I have a brand new '14 Silverado 2WD regular cab. It's in the shop today getting a 3/5-4/6 McGraphys drop (kit 34170)

After installing the flip kit (correctly) there is literally no free play in the driveshaft/tranny.

After some research by my installer, and Cliff at McGaughy's, I'm being told that Chevy made a mid year change to the rear suspension and also has changed the driveshaft, new part number.

Before I have my driveshaft shortened, has anyone else experienced this problem? My truck was built on 3/08/14

Thanks.......Rich

Member Bigsapper might be able to help you hes had his driveshaft shortned 1.5 in. im going to see what mine looks like i have a mcgaughys 2/4 drop kit.

Hello,

Thanks.......Rich

Member Bigsapper might be able to help you hes had his driveshaft shortned 1.5 in. im going to see what mine looks like i have a mcgaughys 2/4 drop kit.

Yep. After the initial install, the installer didn't mention how tight the driveshaft was to install. Later when I was trying to measure my driveline angles to diagnose the vibration issue, I was attempting to remove the driveshaft and couldn't.

Took it back to the installer and we had a conversation about it. He sent it out to a driveshaft shop and had it shortened 1.5". The driveshaft has been trouble free, but I still have a vibration issue.

What chaps my behind about shortening the driveshaft, is I am planning on upgrading my driveshaft but I don't want to buy it until I get the drop sorted out.