2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

I've talked to a guy who has the 2/4 rough country and loves it, says it rides just like stock. It will sit a little higher in the rear, you'll need to adjust the rear by getting a lowering block but not sure what size would fix it.

Yeah, I have pulled it up a couple times today and looked at it along with the install instructions. I think I am going to go ahead and order it, that's a damn good price do get that kind of drop.

Ok to take it to the next "level" I want to drop my 14 4x4 2 in the front and 4 in the rear with an air bag set up in back so I can still pull a trailer. I've been told mcgauguys spindles will work on a 4wd for the front end. As for the rear I'm thinking pulling the block then remounting the hangers, and a set of overload air boatyard that I will only use when I have a heavy load or pull my camper. I have a great suspension guy that's exceeded to do the work, but he hasn't really done much lowering. He owns an off road shop and has build tons of 4 link jeep setups. Any thoughts???

What's all this "fold the bed seam for clearance"? I can't imagine coming close to the seam with just a 2" shackle

I can't speak for 4wd but my 2wd hit the bed seem on a 2" drop. Actually one side hit very lightly and the other side had about 1/16" clearance. I knew that any give in the rubber bushing would cause contact so I folded both sides over. Funny thing is that I had enough room to put the bolt in so I didn't think I had a problem, then I stuck my phone up there and took a picture and seen the issue. I wish I still had the photo to post now. I just assumed everybody had this problem until I started reading and nobody mentioned it. I actually contemplated using the 1" drop location and removing block so I wouldn't have to beat on my new truck

Somebody start a new thread asking for picks of 2" shackle drops, showing space between spring loop and bed seem. I'd bet that there is more rubbing than not.

Edited by iCryWheniGoPoop

I got tired of jacking around with waiting for somebody to do my lowering blocks so I just did it myself today. Turned out GREAT. I'm attaching some pics for you below. The only thing I forgot to get for you was the front measurement but after looking at the pics you'll see it's PERFECT!! I'll be looking for pics of yours tomorrow!!

Im looking at replacing my rear 1.25 block with maybe a 1/2 like you did. Do you habe the link you bought it from and did you install it yourself? Is it okay to reuse the stock u bolt deals and nuts?

This is the rear measurement.

Here's where I got the blocks:

http://www.speedwaymotors.com

Just do search for lowering blocks. Look for the extruded aluminum ones.

Yes I did it myself and yes I reused the stock u-bolts.

It was pretty simple to do looking back on it. If I had to do it again it would REALLY be a piece of cake. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.

Tapatalk via iPhone 5s

Edited by LTZTom

Has anybody removed the rear 1.25 blocks? Is it okay to do this? I leveled mine up front with a 2" kit and it still is 1.25 to 1.5 higher in the back

If you measure it out and it is really 1.25" - 1.5" higher in the rear. Removing the rear blocks should level it out perfectly. The factory blocks are 1.27" thick.

If you measure it out and it is really 1.25" - 1.5" higher in the rear. Removing the rear blocks should level it out perfectly. The factory blocks are 1.27" thick.

Yes it really is that much higher. Im confused as to why because its all stock in the back and a 2" kit up front.

Yea that doesnt sound right at all.. lol

well on second thought, I had to add 2" leveling shackles plus lowering blocks to lower the truck down almost 3" to make it perfectly level. So its possible!

Edited by brentadams646

Belltech has a 3/6 kit out specifically for the 2014s. It's PN 988. Mine will be installed next Monday on my RCSB. My dealer would have had it installed as part of the original purchase, but various demons in the universe prevented it from happening.

Finally got mine sorted out. But I wouldn't recommend this kit for a RCSB. In addition to jacking with pinion shims and transmission spacers, the driveshaft needed to be shortened 1.5".

As the yutes would say, sketchy.

Finally got mine sorted out. But I wouldn't recommend this kit for a RCSB. In addition to jacking with pinion shims and transmission spacers, the driveshaft needed to be shortened 1.5". As the yutes would say, sketchy.

Damn thats crazy I haven't ever heard anything about that!! What did the kit include??

Damn thats crazy I haven't ever heard anything about that!! What did the kit include??

For the front, a newly redesigned front spindle and lower coils. Also included the front end alignment correction kit.

For the rear, a flip kit that was supposed to have been redesigned for 2014 to correct pinion angle issues present on the GMT900 series (hah!). Also a transmission mount spacer.

Also, the kit only "recommends" drop shocks. Consider them a must. I broke both of mine within 50 miles of driving.

Belltech kit 988. (reminds me I need to update Belltech support about my experience)

Edited by bigsapper