Tungsten Metallic paint fans

• 2 weeks later...

I have an Iridium Metallic Truck. When I picked up my truck, it had a haze spot in the paint about the size of my palm. It actually looked like a hand print smudge. After washing and waxing, it didn't come out. I took it down to the dealer and they did something with their buffing wheel and got it out.

I polished a couple scratches out of my truck lately now and I have a couple of these haze spots again. What is the best way to get rid of them permanently?

I have an Iridium Metallic Truck. When I picked up my truck, it had a haze spot in the paint about the size of my palm. It actually looked like a hand print smudge. After washing and waxing, it didn't come out. I took it down to the dealer and they did something with their buffing wheel and got it out.

I polished a couple scratches out of my truck lately now and I have a couple of these haze spots again. What is the best way to get rid of them permanently?

First, how did you polish out the scratches?

If you did it by hand with a polishing compound, you will need to follow up with some fine cut polish and a rotary or high speed orbital polisher.

BUT!!!!! If you've never used a rotary, have a pro do it. Very easy to "burn" the paint or go all the way through the clear. I've been detailing/polishing vehicles (semi-professionally) for 30 years, so believe me... I know how easy it is to ruin a perfectly good paint job!

Edited by Luster

Did it by hand with a Mother's polishing compound. I have never used a rotary polisher but that is what the body shop used on the previous blemishes I had done.

With the better polishers on the market I wouldn't even consider a rotary. I still have one but haven't used it in over 5 years. I use either my Flex 3401 or my Porter Cable 7424.

You can pick up a 7424 with a backing plate and pads for under 200.00

Here is a link to a really nice starter kit:

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Porter_Cable_Complete_Detailing_Kit_p/buf_209.htm

Edited by sprayed99

With the better polishers on the market I wouldn't even consider a rotary. I still have one but haven't used it in over 5 years. I use either my Flex 3401 or my Porter Cable 7424.

You can pick up a 7424 with a backing plate and pads for under 200.00

Here is a link to a really nice starter kit:

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Porter_Cable_Complete_Detailing_Kit_p/buf_209.htm

I agree, I have a Porter Cable and a Griot's; but I was thinking the OP was wanting a one-time fix. If not, orbital with Meguiar's 105/205 is a great way to go.

I agree, I have a Porter Cable and a Griot's; but I was thinking the OP was wanting a one-time fix. If not, orbital with Meguiar's 105/205 is a great way to go.

I personally use all Chemical Guys products, but there are several quality/affordable products on the market. I forgot about the Griots machine. I had one about 6 years ago and I believe my cousin has it now.

Here is a quick picture of my 12 year old Tahoe. Going the extra mile to protect the finish of your vehicle makes a huge difference in the long run.

DSC_0769_zps127040f8.jpg

Edited by sprayed99
  • Like 3