In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Mutau95

2WD LTZ and SLT are hard to find

I'm in the market for a new truck and can't seem to find a good selection of 2WD CC Short box trucks. Most of the 2WD trucks are LT or WT trim levels. My truck will not be off-road no more than driving into the back yard or a grass parking lot.

I know what you're saying. I am looking for an LT with a few extra goodies without jumping to an LTZ. Not an easy task. Usually it falls on the color combo.

Good luck in your search.

May have to order. Back in 08 we were looking to get a 2wd Tahoe. Could t find any so we had to order. They aren't as desirable as 4wd

Ryan

4WD is much like air conditioning. I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Where you live has a lot to do with it also. I have family in Florida and 4WD trucks are near extinction in most places.

I'm in the market for a new truck and can't seem to find a good selection of 2WD CC Short box trucks. Most of the 2WD trucks are LT or WT trim levels. My truck will not be off-road no more than driving into the back yard or a grass parking lot.

My needs were much like you described. I am in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Classic Chevy has over 600 trucks in stock and lots of LTZ's. I picked up an over the top loaded 2-wheel LTZ Crew Cab the day before New Years. Got a great deal. Deep Ruby Metaliic. So far we are loving the ride.

Edited by silverplate

My needs were much like you described. I am in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Classic Chevy has over 600 trucks in stock and lots of LTZ's. I picked up an over the top loaded 2-wheel LTZ Crew Cab the day before New Years with an MSRP of $47,680. Used a friends GM disocunt brought it down to $36,880 plus tax.and that inlcuded,bed mat, tailgate protector and running boards installed. Deep Ruby Metaliic. So far we are loving the ride.

Classic in Grapevine usually has two or three of anything you want. Great people to deal with also. Both of our 14's came from there. Have been doing business there for years. They are the # 1 Chevy dealer in the U.S. per sales volume.

Edited by bearman95

Texas seems to have the biggest selection and also the deepest discounts.

Plenty in Houston. I had no trouble finding a 2wd LTZ when I bought mine in November.

Well if you're spending the money to get an SLT or LTZ the factory assumes you may as well get 4wd because it suits the trim. It's not that much more $$$ in the big scheme of things, personally I don't know why you wouldn't want it, the few times you do need it you'll be screwed without it. Nothing worse than a 2wd truck stuck- no weight in the back & (until now) zero or rudimentary traction control.

Edited by crushNchowda

My 2011 was a 4x4 - I never needed it. I got a 4x2 SLT this time. I have a truck for pulling on highway and don't need the 4x4. They can be found in Alabama.

Well if you're spending the money to get an SLT or LTZ the factory assumes you may as well get 4wd because it suits the trim. It's not that much more $$$ in the big scheme of things, personally I don't know why you wouldn't want it, the few times you do need it you'll be screwed without it. Nothing worse than a 2wd truck stuck- no weight in the back & (until now) zero or rudimentary traction control.

Suits the trim? That is about completely opposite. Down here in Texas about the only reason you need 4wd is if you go off road at all. We might get snow covered roads once every two years for a day or two, not enough to justify it for just that reason at the added up front cost, maintenance and fuel mileage hit. Those highend trucks aren't taken off road most of the time (they aren't made for it with their low profile highway tires, expensive wheels and possibly blemishing their paint on their truck that they want to look like aluxury vehicle or something). Living up north with regular snow fall is completely different. Or if you regularly drive on the beach, other then that if you are just buying it to do some towing and hauling on the road, what's the point? Not everyone thinks having a 4x4 sticker on their truck makes them more macho.

Tyler

• Like 1

Unfortunately it would have to be one heck of deal for me to travel to Texas from NC. I have a trade-in worth 10,500 and with the 1k trade allowance I need to find one in driving distance. Don't want to leave any $$ on the table.

In my searches, I found a few 4x2s in South Carolina, Georgia and Florida.

Unfortunately the options I must have are: Black/Blk, Nav, Bose, LTZ, Park Assist and 22' inch wheels are mainly found on 4X4's. I spent about 3 to 4 hours searching online in the major zip codes in 2 states and couldn't find anything. The Chevy site should let you expand a search radius by distance from a zip code instead of just entering a zip code without filters for distance.