Assist Steps / Running Boards / Nerf Bars

The GM 6 inch board is our most popular unless customers are on a budget. The 6 inch board gives you alot more footing and security when stepping on them and they are closer to the cab reducing the chance for small feet to potentially get caught in between the board and the cab.

I went 6" go big or go home!

In all seriousness, i wanted a step that would serve as a functioning step, rather than a device to serve nothing more than get my pant leg dirty. Anything smaller than 5" and thats about what youd get...that is unless you have baby feet :)

A regular cab has fewer steps up bars (options) than what you can get for a double or crew cab.

I just installed these nerf bars (Westin Pro Traxx) on my truck. I got the stainless steel and they look very good. I like the end caps are sealed and don't have plastic caps on it. Westin originally sent me the nerf stainless steel step bars (Western Pro Traxx) for a double cab which were about $50 plus more than the ones for a regular cab. I had to return them and it took an extra 10-11 plus days to get the ones for the regular cab. The stainless steel steps for a regular cab came to $218 (total/delivered) which I thought was a good deal. The company I purchased them from also gave me a $25 gift certificate for the mix up on my next purchase. This ended up being a great deal. Installation was fairly easy after you studied the directions. I am very happy with this purchase. I got the four inch step bars but they do make the five inch step bar in the Weston Pro Traxx. I don't like too wide steps because I don't want to hit sidewalks etc. when I park. I like the four inch step bars which slightly tuck in which I feel gives the truck a better look. I am also trying to cut down on extra weight by not getting the five inch.

Edited by PMattras

Anyone in new england run the power assist side steps? I've heard mixed reliability reviews on them due to new england weather conditions. Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Have them in Michigan.....crazy winter this year.....no problems so far. They stay very clean. Every time they come down they are dry and clean with no snow/ice build-up at all. Love them. Of course I have the GM mud guards on the front as well which probably helps.

I selected this option when building my truck. It hasn't arrived yet but I was wondering if anyone has these and could post a photo. I was hoping they are not just the standard Westin style bars that you can get at any autozone. I just didn't like the standard 6" flat boards that came standard. The salesman told me they would not be the same as the westin style bars but the more I think about it the more I think that they will be. I hate those kinds as I've had them on a few trucks and not only do they rust after 1 year they are just sort of plain.
If anyone has optioned their truck with the bars above and has a photo I would appreciate it.
If not I will be sure to post a review when it arrives.