Assist Steps / Running Boards / Nerf Bars

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1393543799812.jpg 4 inch oval with a bend on both ends, foot fits good on them, 5 inch would be just about perfect.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I think I really like those!

So I'm looking to add the Rampage Slimeline side steps on my 2014 1500 crew cab and I seem to be getting conflicting information on fitment. Rampage's online catalog shows them to specifically fit the 2014 1500 Crew Cab, but the P/N is the same as the earlier 2007-2013 1500s. When I called Rampage directly the guy was "not 100% sure they would fit." Online listings range from stating fitment 07-15 and some say 07-13. One eBay seller "guaranteed fitment" but his price was higher than I've seen elsewhere.

Can anybody confirm the mounting of steps on the rockers of the 2014s are the same as the 2013s (2007-2013)?

FYI the Rampage P/N is 26972

That's what I thought, thanks MotoMedic....and the factory ones mount to the rockers not the frame/body mounts correct? So there wouldn't be any issue if a body lift was added?

Yep.. see attached pic below:

post-34923-0-37241800-1394069841_thumb.jpg

You should look into the 4" bars from Iron Cross Automotive. They mount to the body mounts instead of the rocker panels they are marine grade stainless steel for than factory bars... nedavepe.jpghyzeva3e.jpg2y7adyme.jpg Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

You paid $434? Where did you get 'em? They're $520 on Iron Cross website:

41-562 - 4" Tube Step, Stainless Steel, Cab Length Silverado/Sierra 1500 Double Cab 2014
USD$ 520.00

Will the AMP's hit sidewalks if you park too close to them? How far do they stick out? If they can't open or close is there a over ride switch to shut them off. I live in New England and some times the area of the steps do ice up after a drive etc..

Will the AMP's hit sidewalks if you park too close to them? How far do they stick out? If they can't open or close is there a over ride switch to shut them off. I live in New England and some times the area of the steps do ice up after a drive etc..

The AMP steps have pinch-proof and anti-jam overrides. Pretty slick set up. If you want to drive with them down or wash them you just leave your foot on top until it tries to close and then they stay down. I have not hit a curb yet.

I also use them in -40c here in Canada and they work like a charm.

One more thing to consider, they have a wicked warranty program and the best customer service I have seen in the aftermarket world. I had to remove mine from my F350 that was totalled and they sent me, free of charge, all the mounting bolts/hardware/instruction to sell them as close to new as possible. They also threw in 15 stickers! Gotta love them stickers!

I think they (AMP's) look great but the winters in CT just could provide a lot of headaches with frozen ice etc. The ice is worst than getting snow. Is installation hard and time involved?

• Like 1

Some of these running boards (width) really stick out. Has another had any troubles hitting curbs or sidewalks while parking their vehicle etc.? I know we are all careful but sometimes we drop our guard especially when we let other people drive.

Some of these running boards (width) really stick out. Has another had any troubles hitting curbs or sidewalks while parking their vehicle etc.? I know we are all careful but sometimes we drop our guard especially when we let other people drive.

Anyone had that problem with the factory 6" boards?