Assist Steps / Running Boards / Nerf Bars

It seems the consensus on install is 3-4 hours, Depending on experience of course with familiarity of panel removals, and basic wiring. Mine Just got delivered today. If I get some free time this weekend, I will be doing the install and taking notes and pictures.

I'm going with the Amp power steps as well. I just sold my '09 Suburban which came optioned with power running boards from the factory and I absolutely loved them. I like the fact that they extend lower than normal fixed boards. Makes getting in and out easier.

I have a set on order and an A.R.E. bedcap that a local place is going to install for me. However, I just saw this video online. Wondering if this plug and play setup is available yet. Would be nice if they didn't have to disassemble every door on truck just to put the steps on.

Took me a solid 5 hours to install. I would say I am very experienced working with door panels and auto electrical, having done it for 8 years when I was younger. I am also a perfectionist. So if you take your time and don't have any snags 4-5 hours is reasonable. If you're not familiar with this type of install, plan on a full 7-8 hour day.

Took me a solid 5 hours to install. I would say I am very experienced working with door panels and auto electrical, having done it for 8 years when I was younger. I am also a perfectionist. So if you take your time and don't have any snags 4-5 hours is reasonable. If you're not familiar with this type of install, plan on a full 7-8 hour day.

I agree. 4-5 hours DIY. Not difficult, just takes time running the harness and Zip-tie to the body properly. The longest time is running wires and connecting to doors behind the panels....but again not difficult, just time consuming. If AMP truly is working in a plug in unit that does not need wires run to each door as mentioned on this site, the install time would be cut in half.

I think I will pull the trigger on a set of these once the version that only require plugging into ODB2 are out.

I emailed AMP earlier about this. Will post back when I hear back.

I just contacted them and they said another 2 weeks. Said they are assigning part #s and building inventory - should have part #s and pricing in another week. :cheers:

Edited by Guilty

I just contacted them and they said another 2 weeks. Said they are assigning part #s and building inventory - should have part #s and pricing in another week. :cheers:

Thanks. That's the response I got as well. Unfortunately, for me, I can't get the bundle as mine are on the floor now, but I'm going to hold out and see about pricing. If it's not too much, It'll be easier to go that route.

Would like to see some Photos of installed Amp Research power steps, including closed and open position on a Sierra Crew Cab if anyone has them. Thanks.

Would like to see some Photos of installed Amp Research power steps, including closed and open position on a Sierra Crew Cab if anyone has them. Thanks.

I posted a picture of both on my CC earlier in this thread.

There hasn't been much said in here about Ionic brand running boards. Anyone have experience with the brand? Quality? They seem to be really affordable and I like a few of the styles they offer. I could never bring myself to spend $1000+ for something like the Amp steps but they do look great on these trucks

I posted a picture of both on my CC earlier in this thread.

Yeah thanks, saw them. I should have been more explicit, am interested to see some close ups of the fitment. As well a full side profile when they are closed as well as down. Want some, and will likely do them with the optional stainless trim pieces to line up/compliment the side chrome moldings on my '14 Sierrra.