Assist Steps / Running Boards / Nerf Bars

Patmc81, I will be picking up my new truck in a few weeks and, like DRS 95 Silverado, I had to order the SLT value plus package to get the wheels that I wanted and the 6" chrome boards are part of that package. I plan to take mine off and would sell them to you for cheap if interested. I'm going to have the dealership remove them before I take delivery and put the hardware in a bag so it doesn't get lost. Just tossing this out as a suggestion for you. PM me if interested.

StormH2Oguy

I just ordered a set of cab length 4" stainless steel bars from Iron Cross. Should be installing them next week. I'll post a few before and after pics. I wanted the wheel to wheel but they were $170 for shipping since they to long to ship via UPS & fedex to ship. That was to much for me to swallow...

yjyqygev.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I personally would stay away from the factory boards. They all mount to the rocker panels which I can see weakening over time. There are after market options from companies like Innovative Creations and Iron Cross that are full stainless and mount the body mounts with a lifetime warranty for less than the factory boards that aren't stainless...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I took mine off, 8 bolts attach to the vehicle on each side. They are incredibly solid and are made from stainless. I am referring to the ones that come with the AT package. If I didn't need additional clearance I would have left them on. They are way more solid than any tube designs that only mount front and back.... I compared side by side on 2014 trucks at a local customizer. Everyone there agreed.

Attached is a picture of mine when I removed them. You can see the U mount slots on the bracket. They also have another that directly up into the rocker from the bottom.

post-125178-0-95793300-1389529363_thumb.jpg

I just installed a set of the GM steps on my truck yesterday, the same one's swazimoto has in his pics. They are solid but as someone said earlier, it mounts to existing holes in your rocker panel. It should hold and last a long tiime so long as you don't get any body panel rust on the rocker panels. I went with these because they are wide and function as a useable steps, where some of the 4 inch/3 inch steps/nerf bars don't extend enough out from the cab and thus only becomes a functioning tool to get your pants dirty. Got mine off of Amazon for $500 with free shipping.

• Like 1

Got my Amp power steps installed this weekend. Took about 7 hours over 2 days. Had some issues with the instructions (color blind) person wrote them. Had me searching for dark gray wire, when in fact it was light gray.

Other than the wire issue, it was fairly easy. Time consuming as Me nor my friend (who is a GM Master Technician) had a clue.

We had two panel retainers that were smashed from the factory when we took the front door panels off (replaced them on re install).

Overall, I'm extremely pleased. I'll put up some pics, soon.

Mike

You can connect the handle w/o removing the door panel. All you need is a Torx 20 screwdriver and some 10lb or stronger fishing line. You can double up lighter line if it's all you have. Let me know if interested I can explain more or find the post that taught me.

I'm not sure what I'll do but clearly I didn't do anything to this one. All the other three door work with no issues and I remember hooking the latch up on them, I have no memory of hooking the driver's door up. I was in a hurry when I put the door panel on and evidently I either never hooked it up or I didn't clip it. Oh well, if that's all that went wrong, I consider it a success.

Thanks for the tip on the fishing line. I'll decide what I do this evening.

Mike