What have you done to your K2 today?

Didn't you look over the order before they placed it? I have ordered a few new trucks and they always send me the GM Global Connect shopping cart printout for my review before they click send.

Well we looked at another truck on the lot that didn't have all the options we wanted last year, and the dealer couldn't find one in a dealer trade either. So I gave up. Well one day my salesman called and said they took the list of options I was looking for, and ordered me a truck with everything I wanted but not marked as sold. So if I didn't like I wasn't obligated. I asked on three seperate occasions, and they checked each time to see if the max tow was included. They said it was, and when the truck came in it wasn't, buy everything else was. I guess I'll get a new one at the end of April now.

Thats a little further than my factory keyfob.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Crafferty, what is your round about factory range. I have a factory one and its seems like it is a very short range. 300 ft maybe if I'm lucky

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Crafferty, what is your round about factory range. I have a factory one and its seems like it is a very short range. 300 ft maybe if I'm lucky

Mine is very short range too. I bet only about 100-150ft if I'm inside a blgd and by a window. I've had it not work a majority of the time if I can't see the truck. I had the factory remote start added by the dealer when I bought it and was told it'd work in the onstar app for the 5 yrs. Well that was wrong and the range sucks. If I would have known that I would have gone aftermarket with the 2 way communication so you know it's started.

Same as yours on a good day. But if I'm far away I just use the OnStar app.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Edited by crafferty
  • Like 1

Mine is very short range too. I bet only about 100-150ft if I'm inside a blgd and by a window. I've had it not work a majority of the time if I can't see the truck. I had the factory remote start added by the dealer when I bought it and was told it'd work in the onstar app for the 5 yrs. Well that was wrong and the range sucks. If I would have known that I would have gone aftermarket with the 2 way communication so you know it's started.

Same here. I got the 3 month or whatever complimentary OnStar but I let it lapse. I use the app if I'm in the house to see what my gas level, tire pressure is just out of curiosity. Are you saying that the OnStar app won't start your truck anymore. Again mine lapsed but I am still able to use the Nav in the truck and start the truck with the app...only thing I've noticed is the stereo would tell me the weather and forecast but that just comes up blank now if I click it. Not a big deal

Same here. I got the 3 month or whatever complimentary OnStar but I let it lapse. I use the app if I'm in the house to see what my gas level, tire pressure is just out of curiosity. Are you saying that the OnStar app won't start your truck anymore. Again mine lapsed but I am still able to use the Nav in the truck and start the truck with the app...only thing I've noticed is the stereo would tell me the weather and forecast but that just comes up blank now if I click it. Not a big deal

My app will still start my truck and lock and unlock the doors. I don't have a subscription to on star. It won't do vehicle stats or maps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since the remote start was dealer installed and not from the factory the app never worked to start the truck. I can unlock the doors and that's it. After going round and round with onstar and the dealer I was finally told by the dealer that its not supported on dealer installed ones. Something about a module being different and the vin not being in Onstar's database. No way to change it to make it work. So like I said if I would have known that I would not have bought the dealer installed version.