What have you done to your K2 today?

Today mine went to the dealership.... HVAC cuts out and i get the stabilitrac message gauges would go off and the truck stalled once... Cant gave that

So for now.... Here is the loaner

V6 has my respect!!! More so then the 6.2L,

39bd11b0854840e0b73187087bc6e9d7.jpg

Sent from my Note 4 on Tapashit

• Like 3

Well gents, today was a day of days. I gave my truck a needed detail. 10 hours later the paint and wheels are ceramic coated, the trim and tires are polycarbonate coated, and the interior surfaces and carpet and seats are nano coated as well [emoji28]

6aaf1e8fe8eda11f890aee79cf960ff3.jpga52cd5e6d94bf33f42167f7cb5c322c9.jpg3e8117a652ca5bc6890d61bd7bd884d8.jpg8f781c2259ad70ae6e33ae2f5e73a0e4.jpga5b5cde24839a4a23d9147f83d878c44.jpg2eaa713d9af58e181de624856e394381.jpg

I used to do professional detailing so if anybody has any questions you can ask anytime just FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Abearclaw
  • Like 10

Well gents, today was a day of days. I gave my truck a needed detail. 10 hours later the paint and wheels are ceramic coated, the trim and tires are polycarbonate coated, and the interior surfaces and carpet and seats are nano coated as well [emoji28]

I used to do professional detailing so if anybody has any questions you can ask anytime just FYI

Total noob to detailing and having a new truck so.... any/all recommendations? I'm used to the "buy car soap, get a good sponge, get a bug sponge, and a wheel brush and go to town" mentality. Other than using Armorall cleaning supplies and tire foam. I've never even applied wax to a car before because I've always had used vehicles.

Total noob to detailing and having a new truck so.... any/all recommendations? I'm used to the "buy car soap, get a good sponge, get a bug sponge, and a wheel brush and go to town" mentality. Other than using Armorall cleaning supplies and tire foam. I've never even applied wax to a car before because I've always had used vehicles.

No worries! Aren't we all at some point?! Now there's a few steps that go into washing properly. And drying properly!!! All to avoid scratches. Now you always wash with two buckets (1 for soap and 1 for rinse water do you don't keep reintroducing dirt onto your paint). And one bucket for wheels and only wheels. Never use anything you use to clean or touch your wheels with on any other part of your car except maybe engine bay. Wash top down saving dirtiest parts for last and dry with a nice damp microfiber towel and a big dry ultra plush microfiber towel. Working one section at a time (top down) spray a quality detail spray on a panel and wipe 90% of the water off with the damp towel and finish with the dry one. Super basic but here's a link for you to get started and you should really watch this guys vids to learn more!

And when it comes to waxing you definitely should clay your paint first with a clay bar. It is important to cleanse your paint on a new car because there's a lot of ferrous metal deposits like railway dust embedded into your paint from transportation. And then protect it. Keep watching some vids he's got on YouTube and you'll be well on your way!

Edited by Abearclaw
  • Like 2

Well gents, today was a day of days. I gave my truck a needed detail. 10 hours later the paint and wheels are ceramic coated, the trim and tires are polycarbonate coated, and the interior surfaces and carpet and seats are nano coated as well [emoji28]7ea082e5390dd573d425438888f6e664.jpg5e561b7d2eb1ddb83953af44d7f185fd.jpg094acba2efda288daaf37cc9f584ee27.jpg335663b80eeda63986b161df81f13d49.jpgea426a858ba03b3c7e0c76415bc44da6.jpg

What kind of ceramic coating do you use? Ive been thinking about using the chemical guys ceramic as i already use alot of their other products

What kind of ceramic coating do you use? Ive been thinking about using the chemical guys ceramic as i already use alot of their other products

I love chemical guys products! As far as the coatings I use a few different types. I have in the past used chemical guys second skin 6 which looks very nice and is easy to apply but I don't feel it has the advertised longevity. I now use coatings from palm beach motoring group known on the web as Autogeek.net. For paint best bang for the buck is the McKees 37 (formerly detailers pro) paint coating which is awesome! I also use it on my wheels. I know there are dedicated wheel coatings but whatever its marketing. And for trim believe it or not you save a lot of money by using Wipe New which is a polycarbonate coating that really does last a long time and looks great. I also use Wipe New tires and that also lasts a long time through rain and everything.

And if you really wanna get crazy like myself, after the coating fully cures in 24 hours, next time I wash the truck I will be applying the Pinnacle ( the higher end line of products from PBMG) black label synergy wax which uses carnauba fused with ceramic coating technology to top it off

Edited by Abearclaw