New Tires for My Sierra AT

GMC-AT

I'm thinking about getting new tires. I want something a little higher and a little wider. I have a 2in level already in the front. What size should I get ? Keep in mind, I just want a little bigger than stock... and don't want to lift the rear end at all.

I currently have 275-55-20. should I get 275-65-20 ? but those wouldn't be an taller correct?

They'd be about 2 inches taller. Higher aspect ratio = taller. I don't know if they would fit as that's about a 34" tire.

275/60/20 is about an inch taller. Not sure about those but I'm pretty sure people run them with a level.

I have 275/60/20 on my AT and they still rub a little bit at full lock. I was surprised because several folks on here are running 275/60/20 with 2" level and claim no rub. Best I can tell they are rubbing against the control arm. Not a big deal to me but I would suspect that 275/65/20 is going to be worse. Mine are Cooper Zeon LTZs.

I have 275/60/20 on my AT and they still rub a little bit at full lock. I was surprised because several folks on here are running 275/60/20 with 2" level and claim no rub. Best I can tell they are rubbing against the control arm. Not a big deal to me but I would suspect that 275/65/20 is going to be worse. Mine are Cooper Zeon LTZs.

That's odd that yours rubs and mine doesn't. I have the same tires with just an Rc level. I checked after I put them on then later when I put some miles on them. I have about 2000 miles on them now. Mine is a 4x4 and not a z71 but I don't know if that matters..

Wouldn't think it would. I have the exact same setup. But then again maybe its a difference between the aluminum and steel control arms. Who knows. I have almost full range of motion, just that last tiny bit at full lock that rubs. I almost never need to turn that hard. I haven't been able to confirm exactly where it rubs because I can't maintain that much turn without physically holding the steering wheel in place. Letting up on it to go check turns the wheels back just enough to not rub if that makes sense.

Hey guys I have 2.5 rough country lift and I want to get aftermarket rims and tires what offset rims and tires can I get? I want an aggressive tires, any ideas or did what did you guys do? I don't want any rubbing

Not sure on a 2014 with a level kit as I put a four inch lift on mine and had to get rims with less backspacing but on my 2010 with a 2 1/4 level kit, i had 18 x 9 rims with +18mm offset and 275/65/r18 durotrac tires. I loved them and they both looked good and the tires are the best all terrain tires out of all that I have tried for actual mud and snow/ ice use. They just barely cleared the wheel wells but they did clear everything.

They would fit on a 2014 for sure with no rubbing anywhere. You might even be able to go a little bigger.post-125934-0-92957400-1391484170_thumb.jpg

I put the same size rims and tires on my 2014 but on rims with zero offset and there is about an inch of clearance everywhere. Once again that is with a four inch BDS lift

post-125934-0-92957400-1391484170_thumb.jpg

Archived