Any way to modify initial throttle response?

Given that the throttle body is mounted to a plastic manifold instead of an aluminum one, wouldn't someone benefit from running a thick gauge ground wire from one of the TB bolts to the frame to reduce resistance from the connector?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the direct website for that SprintBooster thing. http://www.sprintboostersales.com/sprint-booster.cfm?make=Chevrolethttp://www.sprintboostersales.com/sprint-booster.cfm?make=GMC

Edit: seems a bit pricey, however It would be interesting to hear from someone who actually has the device on a 14 Sierra or Silverado.

15 LT thanks for the info. It's unfortunate but somewhat glad to see I'm not the only one with the issue. If the sprint booster is used will it void the warranty? Would Chevy be willing to modify their tune? (Which I seriously doubt) If you happen to know.

15 LT thanks for the info. It's unfortunate but somewhat glad to see I'm not the only one with the issue. If the sprint booster is used will it void the warranty? Would Chevy be willing to modify their tune? (Which I seriously doubt) If you happen to know.

I don't think GM would ever allow their tune to be modified, especially not for average guys like us.

I'm not sure if it will void your warranty, since it alters the signal sent to the ECM who knows, some dealerships may give you a hard time if they see it others may just ignore it if seen.

"It is a device that improves acceleration by continuously measuring and converting the digital signal provided by the ETC’s potentiometer, and providing the ECM with a new and altered signal."

Not sure if anybody mentioned, but there's a thing called Sprint Booster that helps send the signal quicker from the pedal to the throttle body. Being that it's drive by wire. It helps take away the electrical delay. It's not cheap though.

Not sure if anybody mentioned, but there's a thing called Sprint Booster that helps send the signal quicker from the pedal to the throttle body. Being that it's drive by wire. It helps take away the electrical delay. It's not cheap though.

You should read this thread starting with post 20

Thanks for the responses folks. I'll have to check the pedal assembly and make adjustments as needed, maybe it can be as simple as that but what I don't understand is that it doesnt seem to afect all the trucks. I work with a guy that has a 2014 SLT and he has no issues. My work trucks have all been new silverado's and I've not had this issue with those either. And to top it off, I test drove another 14 that didnt seem to have this issue. I ordered this truck and didn't realize the lag right away until I started comparing. The dealer claims it is supposed to be that way. It feels as though the truck is performing at about 60% of its ability and that's with an exhaust and intake upgrade.

Thanks for the responses folks. I'll have to check the pedal assembly and make adjustments as needed, maybe it can be as simple as that but what I don't understand is that it doesnt seem to afect all the trucks. I work with a guy that has a 2014 SLT and he has no issues. My work trucks have all been new silverado's and I've not had this issue with those either. And to top it off, I test drove another 14 that didnt seem to have this issue. I ordered this truck and didn't realize the lag right away until I started comparing. The dealer claims it is supposed to be that way. It feels as though the truck is performing at about 60% of its ability and that's with an exhaust and intake upgrade.

Have you tried to restart the learning process. Start reading at this post.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/159890-how-satisfied-are-you-with-your-2014-gm-truck/?p=1476051

• 2 months later...

Archived