Any way to modify initial throttle response?

Here is a link to the Corvettes Of Westchester thread which explains in more detail what TDT wrote in post #13 above.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-tech-performance/2895038-cow-booster-the-most-amazing-c6-product-ever-offered-guaranteed.html

goddamit that web page is terrible.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OP do you have adjustable pedals? Try raising them up some from the floor. The higher the pedals the more responsive the truck becomes.

This was mentioned in a thread on Corvette Forum I recently read and it can be more than compensated for in a tune to actually be very responsive. Corvettes of Westchester is the name of the shop and the owner/tuner is Chuck. He performs a mod to the tune that he calls the COW Booster. The way I read it he needs your PCM or he will do it on an exchange basis. All positive feedback on the mod and he travels to different areas at times booking tunes in advance. He is one of a short list of tuners I would recommend to tune on the 6L80E as it is very particular to TCM and PCM changes both.

Have you actually dealt with him?

I would run away quickly from that guy. A quick google search will show he doesn't stand behind his tuning.

OP do you have adjustable pedals? Try raising them up some from the floor. The higher the pedals the more responsive the truck becomes.

Have you actually dealt with him?

I would run away quickly from that guy. A quick google search will show he doesn't stand behind his tuning.

No I have never dealt with him just read some posts of other members I know there on CF that complimented his work. Thanks for the "heads up" as I did not know of any issues, I'll do a Google search myself to see what you're talking about.

Probably a novelty part but I just saw this on a car show this weekend. It's called the Sprint Booster.

If you don't wanna lose your warranty and are that fed up with this issue I'd prob give it a try if it was me. It's got a 30 day money back guarantee so nothing to lose really.

http://www.sprintbooster.com

Just bring your truck by my house, I can make it feel like a 10 sec dragster at 1/4 throttle if you want. There are a couple members on here that I have helped to modify their throttle that can tell you is very easy if you have the right tools. HpTuners (which I have) is all you need and I'll help you with a base tune at no charge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The initial throttle response from a stop seem lazy to me. This was the very first thing I noticed when I test drove the 1st 2014. I test drove a 2 more (bought the 3rd one) and they all seemed to be about the same, so I don't think there is anything necessarily wrong with mine.

What I find is, accelerating from a dead stop is like..throttle, more, more, then....oh that's too much. I'm sure this is something that I will get used to over time if nothing changes but I'm curious if anybody has addressed this and successfully made an improvement?

I haven't looked into any of the tuners out there...maybe some offer throttle sensitivity controls?

Two methods:

1.) Diablosport tuners have a throttle booster setting for Corvette LT1's that are adjustable. This was not available for 2013 or previous model tears. Other tuning software like EFI Live and HP Tuners can do the same thing but I'm don't know the procedure.

2.) A company called Sprint Booster makes a device that plugs into factory wiring near throttle pedal and changes throttle sensitivity without a tune.

1.) Diablosport tuners have a throttle booster setting for Corvette LT1's that are adjustable. This was not available for 2013 or previous model tears. Other tuning software like EFI Live and HP Tuners can do the same thing but I'm don't know the procedure.

Very much an adjustable parameter with Diablosport canned or custom. Lew did my custom tune and I chirp brand new 35s from a start with 3.42 gears.

• 5 weeks later...

if you want better throttle response, you should drive my 2014 SC'd 6.2!

i have the opposite problem i wish it was a little less sensitive so i am not barking the tires every time i leave a stoplight.

Here is the direct website for that SprintBooster thing.

http://www.sprintboostersales.com/sprint-booster.cfm?make=Chevrolet

http://www.sprintboostersales.com/sprint-booster.cfm?make=GMC

Edit: seems a bit pricey, however It would be interesting to hear from someone who actually has the device on a 14 Sierra or Silverado.

Archived