Snowmobiling is so addicting. Have had a sled since I was about 12 now 42. Had an old moto ski, learned with my uncle on grandparents motoski ditch banging and busting drifts. Had a very close call with a large culvert with a JD liquifier and got scared but nothing happened other than realizing how dangerous it can be. Bought a ski doo MXZ for ice fishing and used it for many years. Started to have major issues with it and bought a brand new 13 renegade 800 and got hooked big time. Just traded in for a new enduro 1200 and well now I am dreaming of snow once again lol. All flat land mainly but its a rush. Wife is addicted as much and rides the 2 up seat behind me. We are not fair weather riders though anything goes but we do not ride off the trail system anymore. Do not like freezing rain though.

08Z71 Guy how are the trails near St Catherines. I am in Sarnia.

I'm kind of like you. I started riding when I was 11, hit the big 60 this year. My dad bought our first sled when the blizzard of 67 hit. It was a Silverline T-Bird (a rebranded version on a Yukon King). I bought my first sled myself in 71, a Ski-Doo Elan. I saved my paper route money for what seemed like forever to get it. I then bought a 73 Olympique 440 in 74, had it for quite a long time. I loved the vintage sleds and being collecting them back in 94. I had lots of great sleds (Blizzards, R/V's, Sno Pro's) during this time and make some great friends. I did have some riders of which the main ones were a couple of my 76 & 77 R/V's. I also had a 73 TNT 294 (Silver Bullet commonly called) and a 81 CItation SS. My kids learned to ride on these sleds. I evenutally sold out as it just wasn't any fun anymore. People were cloning sleds, reproducing parts and above all I just wanted to ride. During this time I thought why not get the sleds that will become the some of the most desired sleds later on down the road. Then it hit me, the 1st year models of the snow cross racers. I bought a 97 MXZx 440 and 99 MXZx 440. These were great sleds to ride. I had a line on a 04 Rev 440x, but in the meantime a 04 Rev 600HO litterly fell into my lap. I ended up buying that and using it as my rider. I kept the racers and to this day my son rides the 99. I sold the 97 to a person that use to race them, he bought it so that his kids could enjoy the same sled he loved. This year I'm also going to be on a 1200 only it's a MXZx. I can't wait. Like I like to say, "Winter Rules"

Identical but not mine, this is a 800, mine is a 1200

post-22884-0-62705800-1441377416_thumb.jpg

Edited by rv245
  • Like 1

I'm kind of like you. I started riding when I was 11, hit the big 60 this year. My dad bought our first sled when the blizzard of 67 hit. It was a Silverline T-Bird (a rebranded version on a Yukon King). I bought my first sled myself in 71, a Ski-Doo Elan. I saved my paper route money for what seemed like forever to get it. I then bought a 73 Olympique 440 in 74, had it for quite a long time. I loved the vintage sleds and being collecting them back in 94. I had lots of great sleds (Blizzards, R/V's, Sno Pro's) during this time and make some great friends. I did have some riders of which the main ones were a couple of my 76 & 77 R/V's. I also had a 73 TNT 294 (Silver Bullet commonly called) and a 81 CItation SS. My kids learned to ride on these sleds. I evenutally sold out as it just wasn't any fun anymore. People were cloning sleds, reproducing parts and above all I just wanted to ride. During this time I thought why not get the sleds that will become the some of the most desired sleds later on down the road. Then it hit me, the 1st year models of the snow cross racers. I bought a 97 MXZx 440 and 99 MXZx 440. These were great sleds to ride. I had a line on a 04 Rev 440x, but in the meantime a 04 Rev 600HO litterly fell into my lap. I ended up buying that and using it as my rider. I kept the racers and to this day my son rides the 99. I sold the 97 to a person that use to race them, he bought it so that his kids could enjoy the same sled he loved. This year I'm also going to be on a 1200 only it's a MXZx. I can't wait. Like I like to say, "Winter Rules"

Identical but not mine, this is a 800, mine is a 1200

attachicon.gif2016mxzx800_2.jpg

Holy you've had a lot of sleds!

If I were you I'd get a 1.75" on that mxz, those ripsaw's are useless for anything other than a packed groomed trail! My last sled was an 08 600 carb MXZ and that thing was bulletproof. Super reliable. I'd have stuck with ski doo if they weren't so much more for an equivalent sled to my RMK. Not to mention how the RMK just feels right. I don't have to fight with it to get it to go where I want it to.

Holy you've had a lot of sleds!

If I were you I'd get a 1.75" on that mxz, those ripsaw's are useless for anything other than a packed groomed trail! My last sled was an 08 600 carb MXZ and that thing was bulletproof. Super reliable. I'd have stuck with ski doo if they weren't so much more for an equivalent sled to my RMK. Not to mention how the RMK just feels right. I don't have to fight with it to get it to go where I want it to.

My 04 Rev I extended to a 136" and added an Intense 1.5 track. It's a great track for both on and off trail. I plan on keeping the 04 as a back up sled. Main reason for the 1200 is reliability. The 04 has never let me down. Just that these old bones ain't what they use to be. Going for a SClll to a R motion is going to be a huge differeance. I've gotten to be more of a trail rider and hoping to start doing some backpacking trips. If I was to go to a different brand it would be Poo. I've stuck with Doo mainly because I've worked on them for all these years, it's hard to switch to a different brand.

Here is one of my 76 R/V 250's when I picked it up. Got a new track for it also, The other sled is a 77 R/V 340

post-22884-0-49733700-1441381954_thumb.jpg

Not mine but this is what a Silverline T-bird looks like

post-22884-0-43570500-1441381973_thumb.jpg

My 04 Rev I extended to a 136" and added an Intense 1.5 track. It's a great track for both on and off trail. I plan on keeping the 04 as a back up sled. Main reason for the 1200 is reliability. The 04 has never let me down. Just that these old bones ain't what they use to be. Going for a SClll to a R motion is going to be a huge differeance. I've gotten to be more of a trail rider and hoping to start doing some backpacking trips. If I was to go to a different brand it would be Poo. I've stuck with Doo mainly because I've worked on them for all these years, it's hard to switch to a different brand.

Here is one of my 76 R/V 250's when I picked it up. Got a new track for it also, The other sled is a 77 R/V 340

attachicon.gif76rv_555.jpg

Not mine but this is what a Silverline T-bird looks like

attachicon.gifIMG_2380_zps4qkhwevk.jpg

You're going to love the r-motion! You're back is going to thank you for it. My friend swears by his intense track as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

WOW!!!! I spend some time over on the Jayco foum during/ after buying our new trailer and the new sleds pics posted are awesome!!!!

Some great sleds... Before we know it the white stuff will be here!!!

I know we didn't have a good season this last year. Between working as much as I could, and my wife not working, it just wasn't meant to be. Only rode 500 mi on the guys trip up in D13, Ont, Canada.

Corrisa,

Not sure when you joined GMT, but welcome!!! Do you usually attend the sled shows in the fall? The Diva booth is one of our stops at the show, with my wife buying a sweatshirt/ shirt/ or what ever catches her eye every year! We will be going to the Novi, Mi show again this year. Either Fri evening, or Sat morning. Boys are 12 now, so may put them in the sled class on Sat morning.

Welcome to any other new(er) members as well!

While I am not ready to put the camper up just yet, I am hoping we all have a great riding season this year!!!!

Edited by Blue2500CC

• 4 weeks later...

WOW!!!! I spend some time over on the Jayco foum during/ after buying our new trailer and the new sleds pics posted are awesome!!!!

Some great sleds... Before we know it the white stuff will be here!!!

I know we didn't have a good season this last year. Between working as much as I could, and my wife not working, it just wasn't meant to be. Only rode 500 mi on the guys trip up in D13, Ont, Canada.

Corrisa,

Not sure when you joined GMT, but welcome!!! Do you usually attend the sled shows in the fall? The Diva booth is one of our stops at the show, with my wife buying a sweatshirt/ shirt/ or what ever catches her eye every year! We will be going to the Novi, Mi show again this year. Either Fri evening, or Sat morning. Boys are 12 now, so may put them in the sled class on Sat morning.

Welcome to any other new(er) members as well!

While I am not ready to put the camper up just yet, I am hoping we all have a great riding season this year!!!!

hi heck ya I'll be there the last 2 years I worked at the snow and mud booth this year I am working at turple bros booth. I am helping Stephany Schwartz who is one of you divas backcountry pro riders. So we will have divas stuff there. Not sure if much will be for sale as brining over is super costly but we will be there.

I joined this forum in June when I got my new truck:)

Thanks

Corrisa

Fb Corrisa Schurek

IG corrisapink

• Like 1

All your snowmobiles look so good. Any tips for a beginner that's looking to spend some weekends at blue mountain (Ontario) this winter?

like he said find a few peeps that are good riders and have there avy safety this is very important a hill does not have to me a mountain to side! If they are good peeps they will take you along and teach you as you go. My group we do this and us more seasoned riders never let the new ones out of our sight. My advice is get your sled out and ride seat time is soooo important learning how the machine feels and reacts. Balance and leverage is key when your going to ride backcountry because of the hazards. So knowing how to make your sled move is important then When your in a jam you can get out. When it snows a good foot at a time I still after years of riding will go out and practice keeping my sled on its edge and carving tight and so on in a field....like I said seat time! Best of luck:)

Thanks

Corrisa

Fb Corrisa Schurek

IG corrisapink

Got the call Monday that my sled is at the dealership. Picking it up Saturday and taking it up north (northern lower Michigan) to it's new home. Next on the menu is a side x side for the wife and me.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Great to see other snowmobilers on here! It really is a sport/recreational activity which, in my opinion, many people do not understand. It's like nothing else.

We'll also be attending the Novi Snow Show, on Saturday. Can't wait!!

My 09 MXZ TNT 600ETEC, dads 07 MXZ Blizzard 600SDI.

20150214_163851_zpsd2pxrsxc.jpg

• Like 3

Great to see other snowmobilers on here! It really is a sport/recreational activity which, in my opinion, many people do not understand. It's like nothing else.

We'll also be attending the Novi Snow Show, on Saturday. Can't wait!!

My 09 MXZ TNT 600ETEC, dads 07 MXZ Blizzard 600SDI.

Agreed, The non-snowmobiling public doesn't understand, other than the stereotype of sledders riding bar to bar & drinking. Maybe years ago, but not so much today.

Those who don't ride are missing the freedom and ability to go places you normally cannot access during winter and many times not any other time of the year!

I ride motorcycles too, but snowmobiling, even though the season is short is more enjoyable for me.

Have fun at the show Nick!

Think snow !!