Newdude,

What part of Canada? We ride in D13 (district), Ont. In-Laws have a cabin east of the Soo. Just awesome up there!

On Newboro Lake, on the southwest side right near Newboro.

Edited by newdude

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a couple

1994 Ski-Doo MAch 1 670 and 1995 Polaris XCR600

102-0237_IMG.jpg

2000 Polaris XCR800

107_0796.jpg

Also had 1980 Polaris TXL340, 1999 Polaris XC600SP, 2003 Polaris XC700, 2004 Arctic Cat F7 NightFire edition, 1990 Ski-Doo Safari, 1988 Yamaha Enticer 340, 1986 Arctic Cat Panther 500, 1981 Arctic Cat ElTigre 6000, 1975 Rupp 340,1972 Ski-Doo Elan...

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet!

That is a little bit of a haul into the cabin. It is always interesting when you have to haul everything into the cabin via cargo sled! Can you drive to it in the summer? How rustic is it?

In-laws have a cabin in Ontario (outside Sault Ste. Marie), and it is either by boat across the lake, or snowmobile across, only about .6 mi though. IF you need to go the long way it is 12-13 mi, but is a bit of a challenge not knowing if there are trees downs down on the way in once off the sled trail.

Their cabin is 2 wood stoves for heat, propane: fridge, apartment size stove/oven, and globe lamps for light. Is wired with 12v for lights when you get into camp. Generator for 120v when/if needed.

Blue, we drive in during the summer and tow ATVs to ride. Everything up there is off the grid. After they quit mining there is no electric at all. Water comes off a spring uphill from us. No phone service other than getting up higher to get cell coverage, propane lights or lamps, propane stove/oven and heater, outdoor privy. We hope it stays that way. I have a gen, but have only used it for heavier projects. Other than that it sits in my garage until hunting season.

My in-laws' (in their mid 80's) cabin is about 300 feet below ours. They have two wood stoves, propane lights and a spring piped into an outside faucet, propane stove/oven outdoor privy. Were still cutting their own firewood last summer.

Brother/sister in law across the road from us and pretty much the same thing other than they have a propane refrig. and stove/oven.

As to downed trees- Yup, carry a saw on the sled along with snowshoes. Worst case, have access to a chainsaw at father-in-laws cabin if need.

AWESOME! Sounds just like the in-laws place! Except no driving up to the cabin at all, even in summer.! Lol

Have had gravity fed water in the past, they are hoping to redo it as the old spring dried up some. Usually just get water out of the lake when needed. Scary thing is it is probably cleaner than even bottled water.

Wife's grandfather originally had 3 cabins all next to each other. Gave one to the in-laws when he heard they were looking into a cabin, and when he passed gave the other 2 to his nephews (one each). We started a family trip back in '11 (I thinkit was) over Presidents Day W/E. It was when wife and I got our own sleds. Then in '12 I started going on the guys trip. Go up last Fri of Feb, until the following Tue, leave late afternnon. Some will go the 2nd half, head up tue afternoon/Wed morning - Sun. There is about 5 guys who stay all week. Usually get about 500+ miles in during the 1/2 week trip.