Questions about upgrading to a 2014

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you do upgrade... you owe it to yourself to atleast test drive the 6.2L. I drove a 5.3 and though it was ok but the 6.2 is a completely different beast that you won't be disappointed with.

If you do upgrade... you owe it to yourself to atleast test drive the 6.2L. I drove a 5.3 and though it was ok but the 6.2 is a completely different beast that you won't be disappointed with.

Absolutely agree with this. I made mistake once of getting a 5.3 after having my 05 Duramax. Not this time got a 6.2 and it's a beast.

Shop around call different dealers and be willing to drive 4-5 hours to get the best deal.

Ive said it before I will say again, I went in 12/31/13 to buy a left over Denali because of the deals. I drove a 14 Texas package bought it. Look at the Allstar package or the Texas packages good deals there. I paid 31K drive out. If you want the 6.2 ( don't blame you) expect the packages for them to start at about 10K more. But don't drive one if your on the fence because you will buy it.

Absolutely agree with this. I made mistake once of getting a 5.3 after having my 05 Duramax. Not this time got a 6.2 and it's a beast.

Shop around call different dealers and be willing to drive 4-5 hours to get the best deal.

I went almost 8hrs away to get mine.

I'm in a similar boat as the OP. I have a 2009 F150 and there isn't anything signifigant wrong with it, but I want a new truck. Seems like a good time to get rid of it before it needs new tires, or something goes wrong.

+63 hp, +63ft/lbs, and i'd save about $500/year in fuel. There is also the peace of mind of being on warranty again. But I really don't NEED a new truck.... but there are some really good deals right now.

I'd get the 6.2L as it still gets better mpg than my current truck, but I'm not paying an extra 10k to get the LTZ.

I traded in a 2011 Silverado LT on a 2014 LTZ and am very happy with it. I had two recalls (fire and rear window) and my radio illumination fixed. I have had no other issues, but decided to change the 20" Continentals out for Michelins and am glad I did - rides now like a Cadillac and handles much better. Great truck.

One thing I have observed from reading on the forums...this is a completely NEW truck design, so do not assume anything works the way your old one did. I had a 2001 Silverado, 2002 Tundra, 2011 Silverado and other assorted vehicles. The systems and drive train are very different than any of the others. The radio, heated/cooled seats, HVAC controls all have different features than what I had before and most is controlled by the computer with limited user controls. The 5.3L is more powerful and different design than my 2011.

Just my observation, but many on here are frustrated because things didn't work the way they were used to, or thought it should be and no one told them different. I am one who reads the Owner Manual and keeps PDF copy handy since these trucks are more complicated than others I've owned. Lots of great info on here, so others can be completely informed.

And yes, you should read about the serious issues some members are experiencing. There are several threads on here listing the issues.

Again, drive it, drive it, drive it and test it.

One thing I have observed from reading on the forums...this is a completely NEW truck design, so do not assume anything works the way your old one did. I had a 2001 Silverado, 2002 Tundra, 2011 Silverado and other assorted vehicles. The systems and drive train are very different than any of the others. The radio, heated/cooled seats, HVAC controls all have different features than what I had before and most is controlled by the computer with limited user controls. The 5.3L is more powerful and different design than my 2011.

Not totally new. Same 6 speed trans, front suspension, basic frame. Should have been named GMT950...

Not totally new. Same 6 speed trans, front suspension, basic frame. Should have been named GMT950...

that's a little extreme don't ya think??? for the ones who claim that this truck is not much different then the gmt 900 or GM didn't change enough things, how would yall do it if yall were the gm president or whoever is in charge? you think they are going to change the frames, front and rear suspensions, trans, diff, interior, exterior, engine every time they come out with a new model? I mean I agree on some things that I think GM missed the mark on but for the most part the k2 trucks are pretty different than the gmt 900 and are much better. they have a completely new motor, direct injection, 12 bolt diff, completely new interior, and a modified exterior. what more could they have possibly done to change the truck? again just to remind you, I do think that they missed the mark on some things i.e. HID headlights, slow thorottle response. don't get me wrong you have the right to your own opinion but I respectfully disagree with you and think your comment IMO is a bit extreme.

I could have swore disabling auto door locks was in my personal settings through MyLink. Truck is hundreds of miles away so I can't go verify this but it seems like I seen it in there.

that's a little extreme don't ya think??? for the ones who claim that this truck is not much different then the gmt 900 or GM didn't change enough things, how would yall do it if yall were the gm president or whoever is in charge? you think they are going to change the frames, front and rear suspensions, trans, diff, interior, exterior, engine every time they come out with a new model? I mean I agree on some things that I think GM missed the mark on but for the most part the k2 trucks are pretty different than the gmt 900 and are much better. they have a completely new motor, direct injection, 12 bolt diff, completely new interior, and a modified exterior. what more could they have possibly done to change the truck? again just to remind you, I do think that they missed the mark on some things i.e. HID headlights, slow thorottle response. don't get me wrong you have the right to your own opinion but I respectfully disagree with you and think your comment IMO is a bit extreme.

Your on the mark, the only question I have is people complaining about slow throttle response. I have a few rides they all react different, I have no problem pushing the go pedal a little more or less. I wish I had a time machine to send some of the young back a few decades, the quality is there and the prices are comparable to the past. It all depends on how loaded up model you go.

Your on the mark, the only question I have is people complaining about slow throttle response. I have a few rides they all react different, I have no problem pushing the go pedal a little more or less. I wish I had a time machine to send some of the young back a few decades, the quality is there and the prices are comparable to the past. It all depends on how loaded up model you go.

by slow throttle response i mean that you have push the skinny pedal a little further down for the truck to move a little faster. it's not because it's a lack of power but as the comp is managing the torque so it can save some fuel. you ever notice when you take off it kinda seems slow and then around 1800-2000rpms it's like in the movies when they hit their "nawz" button it kinda throws you back in a the seat (not that extreme just making an example).

Archived