6.2 Exhaust, What do you have?

I also am looking for an exhaust system for my Sierra 6.2, double cab, all terrain and am not having much luck. It seems short of having a system put together (Muffler, custom bent pipes and tips) there aren't many options. I really wanted a Corsa system, but... nothing. I also wanted to have the same diameter pipes (3.5 inches I think...) all the way back to the tips, which I want to exit slanted behind each rear wheel.

I want it to rumble at idle.... no drone at 60-70 mph, but want it to growl and howl when the go pedal is mashed. This motor is a 376 cubic inch monster, and to not have the major exhaust companies design a bolt on cat back system for them is amazing to me.

Anyone had any luck with a finding / installing a cat back bolt on system?

(Hey.. if 'they' need a test truck to put one on, I'll offer mine up! )

Edited by Mr56P

Has anyone installed the Magnaflow #15318 system yet?? 4" tubing/5" tip.... Just looking for pics of it.

If you look at the install sheet it said that the tubing is 3.5", only the tip is 4". Better look at that again.

That's what I did...you won't regret it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you by chance have any video of your exhaust?

I'm open to this option as well, but it seems it's impossible to find video clips of the 6.2L with exhaust notes.

It'd be greatly appreciated if you could upload a video.

Thanks

I also am looking for an exhaust system for my Sierra 6.2, double cab, all terrain and am not having much luck. It seems short of having a system put together (Muffler, custom bent pipes and tips) there aren't many options. I really wanted a Corsa system, but... nothing. I also wanted to have the same diameter pipes (3.5 inches I think...) all the way back to the tips, which I want to exit slanted behind each rear wheel.

I want it to rumble at idle.... no drone at 60-70 mph, but want it to growl and howl when the go pedal is mashed. This motor is a 376 cubic inch monster, and to not have the major exhaust companies design a bolt on cat back system for them is amazing to me.

Anyone had any luck with a finding / installing a cat back bolt on system?

(Hey.. if 'they' need a test truck to put one on, I'll offer mine up! )

That is exactly what I want..... to the T

I want that Flowmaster rumble, but no highway drone, and I want my system to 45* out the rear ends.

It seems we're both in the same boat.

I'm open to a custom system, but every muffler shop I've ever gone to never has a mandrel bender.

I put a Gibson split rear exhaust on my old 2004 Chevy Tahoe with the 5.3L and loved it, but it wasn't loud enough.

Has anyone installed the Magnaflow #15318 system yet?? 4" tubing/5" tip.... Just looking for pics of it.

I've been looking into this system as well. However, as mentioned above, there are no exhaust notes on their website yet.

I don't know about the rest of you, but before I drop $600+ on an exhaust system, I want to hear what it sounds like. Especially with the fact our 6.2's come with 3 cats, which supposedly suppress the exhaust note significantly.

Do you by chance have any video of your exhaust?

I'm open to this option as well, but it seems it's impossible to find video clips of the 6.2L with exhaust notes.

It'd be greatly appreciated if you could upload a video.

Thanks

I'm out of town at the moment but when I get back I'll try to figure something out.

I'm out of town at the moment but when I get back I'll try to figure something out.

Thanks so much, it's been near impossible to get some sound clips of the 6.2's

at this rate I feel 6.2 exhaust setups wont be out til 2016

Tell me about it.

And for some reason all the major manufacturers are only offering single side exhausts.

No one seems to offer a dual straight set up or 45* rear setup like I want.

This leads me to believe I'll have to go the custom route, as LTZTom did.

hopefully borla and corsa release their 6.2 exhausts soon. truck will b here in 3 weeks, i can't stand a quiet exhaust. might go down the custom route again like my old truck. borla xr-1 sportsman with the 3rd cat cut out.

hopefully borla and corsa release their 6.2 exhausts soon. truck will b here in 3 weeks, i can't stand a quiet exhaust. might go down the custom route again like my old truck. borla xr-1 sportsman with the 3rd cat cut out.

Wish I could cut out all my cats, but Commiefornia would throw me in jail and lose the key.

We have the strictest smog regulations, probably in the world.

• Like 2