Post your 2014+ wheel/tire set-up

67EF0CCB-36DF-4A0C-BBF9-EACF68510EE7.thumb.jpeg.7aff4e8255763eb4314479f6e2cb7f7b.jpeg

just sold my 2015 2500 gas burner. Man I loved the way this truck looked just wasn’t real practical as a DD. Cooper ST maxx 11.50 x 34.  Bought a 2018 z71 in September. Just ordered a 2 inch level kit and either 285/60/20 or 305/55/20 Toyo open country RT. Will post pics next week I hop. 

must be a city thing that look just don't work in the country

Those statements are just plain dumb, I’ve seen plenty of 35/22 combos off-roading. And his suspension setup is better than most “country trucks” or any other truck so I’m sure it would work just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, miker2702 said:

The “look don’t work in the country”? Is that a Boss Hogg quote? I’m sure you’re not actually implying that it physically won’t work in the country hahaha Now I know the look of my truck is not everyone’s taste but that’s a lot of the reason I did it so if you mean you personally don’t like the color combo that’s totally understandable. But as far how it “works” this is a works pretty much anywhere truck, it goes on and off road on a regular basis for work as it’s a daily driver. And like me it just cleans up well after the moneys been made. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

Those statements are just plain dumb, I’ve seen plenty of 35/22 combos off-roading. And his suspension setup is better than most “country trucks” or any other truck so I’m sure it would work just fine.

It’s all good my friend I hear comments like this often. I’ve found that it usually comes down to 3 things because obviously the truck itself does pretty much all I would ever need it to. Either the look doesn’t coincide with personal tastes, they can’t build it or can’t afford it and in all case try and blame it on some lack of functionality.  Am I going to drive this truck up the Rubicon or take it out to some huge mud pit and submerge it up to the windows, no, because I’m not an idiot and it’s a work truck not a rock crawler or a mud pit pos. I do appreciate your kind words though my friend. Have a great one!

• Like 2

It’s all good my friend I hear comments like this often. I’ve found that it usually comes down to 3 things because obviously the truck itself does pretty much all I would ever need it to. Either the look doesn’t coincide with personal tastes, they can’t build it or can’t afford it and in all case try and blame it on some lack of functionality.  Am I going to drive this truck up the Rubicon or take it out to some huge mud pit and submerge it up to the windows, no, because I’m not an idiot and it’s a work truck not a rock crawler or a mud pit pos. I do appreciate your kind words though my friend. Have a great one!

50e1d4b17ee4cb41cba8a3927bff0a09.jpgi have 33/22 combo and mine seems to work just fine even though i don’t live in the city lol. My wheels are also most likely stronger than the other guy lol

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

50e1d4b17ee4cb41cba8a3927bff0a09.jpgi have 33/22 combo and mine seems to work just fine even though i don’t live in the city lol. My wheels are also most likely stronger than the other guys lol

First off that a good look’n truck right there. And exactly my point. I live a hour out from the closest city.

51 minutes ago, CovetedStyle said:

I can build it, I can pay cash for it, but I would not drive it.

don't take it personally. if you don't like mine and tell me

its no big deal.

35 minutes ago, miker2702 said:

its no big deal.

So then it’s the first, it doesn’t work with your tastes in style. Which is fine because I didn’t build it for you so everyone has a right to there opinion on what looks good. Just don’t say “the look doesn’t work in the country”, just say “I like less  aesthetically pleasing vehicles” I totally understand that I got a couple guys that work for me that love to run into shit with their trucks for new scrapes and dents, strap light bars everywhere and go throw mud at each other in empty fields bro’n out. They don’t ride so hot or see much attention from the opposite sex but to each their own! Cheers 

Side note: since you can obviously build a substantial truck and have no problems affording a vast array of modifications yet would never so much as be seen driving my truck please share a photo of you full build driver so I can see where I went wrong.

Edited by CovetedStyle
Addition

So how does this.......
its no big deal.

Equate to this.....?

How would you not liking it have anything to do with not working in the country, whatever that means??

• Like 1

Just now, jimmyboy8301 said:

So how does this.......

Equate to this.....?

How would you not liking it have anything to do with not working in the country, whatever that means??

Gee. Check out stryker suspension s. Local guy builds some amazing rides. Brand new trucks cuts all suspension out and adds some amazing new set ups. Stop and talk to him he shows me around I'm floored by the custom work. I ask who buys these and most are out of town guys etc. I've seen several go out on trailer s. Back to point you just don't see that type set up in my area...the super wide low profile look just not that popular.

Is it growing some what maybe.

Most off road guys don't run the low profile set up. Not talking new trucks at royal blue but beat up trucks made for off road work don't have that look....