Post your 2014+ wheel/tire set-up

Gee. Check out stryker suspension s. Local guy builds some amazing rides. Brand new trucks cuts all suspension out and adds some amazing new set ups. Stop and talk to him he shows me around I'm floored by the custom work. I ask who buys these and most are out of town guys etc. I've seen several go out on trailer s. Back to point you just don't see that type set up in my area...the super wide low profile look just not that popular.
Is it growing some what maybe.
Most off road guys don't run the low profile set up. Not talking new trucks at royal blue but beat up trucks made for off road work don't have that look....

You’re comparing apples to oranges, beat up trucks (your words) to brand new 50k+ trucks. again what does you not seeing or liking that setup have to do with it not working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Now this I’ve heard and smile at before. The “low profile look” now I realize that we have now gone more Opinion based then fact-based but a fact is is that my truck came stock with 20s & 275/55r20 on it and I put 22s & what’s basically a 35 which has a 6.5 inch side wall vs 6 stock and is 3 inchs larger than stock overall so how is that low profile?  Low profile means a decrease in size not an increase. And as far as being wider, well as far as I know most “off-road” people don’t want pizza cutters in mud. But like I said just post a picture of your rig so I know what works in the country.

Edited by CovetedStyle
Addition

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:48 PM, wahooper1 said:

why is my picture upside down????

THIS IS WAHOOPER1's TRUCK!! 2015 sierra 4x4 z71 motofab 3" front stock rear. 22x12 -44 ballistic rage and 33x12.5x22 nitto trail grappler

BA0B2259-33E1-4804-8D7A-68897590B535.jpeg

Edited by SS502
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

50e1d4b17ee4cb41cba8a3927bff0a09.jpgi have 33/22 combo and mine seems to work just fine even though i don’t live in the city lol. My wheels are also most likely stronger than the other guy lol

I like it.

city country I don't care it's a good looking setup. And I really am not a fan of white but that looks sweet.

4 hours ago, CovetedStyle said:

So then it’s the first, it doesn’t work with your tastes in style. Which is fine because I didn’t build it for you so everyone has a right to there opinion on what looks good. Just don’t say “the look doesn’t work in the country”, just say “I like less  aesthetically pleasing vehicles” I totally understand that I got a couple guys that work for me that love to run into shit with their trucks for new scrapes and dents, strap light bars everywhere and go throw mud at each other in empty fields bro’n out. They don’t ride so hot or see much attention from the opposite sex but to each their own! Cheers 

Side note: since you can obviously build a substantial truck and have no problems affording a vast array of modifications yet would never so much as be seen driving my truck please share a photo of you full build driver so I can see where I went wrong.

Ok. With your tire wheel set up would you go up  a old logging road maybe gravel maybe not two or three miles into the woods to a tree stand ? Would you head to the wood line going to cut fire wood ? Why would I want to head to a remote boat ramp in North Carolina pulling my 50k bass boat throwing mud and rocks all over it ? Would you hook up a trailer to the rock quarry for a couple tons of gravel maybe going a mile on a gravel road to get loaded. In my area when it snows they may cover some area's in gravel hows the body panels going to look after back and for for a few days ? What does the opposite sex have to do with my truck. Odd statement. I'm thinking work mainly in my truck your wanting to impress the opposite sex ?

Rt

36 minutes ago, miker2702 said:

Ok. With your tire wheel set up would you go up  a old logging road maybe gravel maybe not two or three miles into the woods to a tree stand ? Would you head to the wood line going to cut fire wood ? Why would I want to head to a remote boat ramp in North Carolina pulling my 50k bass boat throwing mud and rocks all over it ? Would you hook up a trailer to the rock quarry for a couple tons of gravel maybe going a mile on a gravel road to get loaded. In my area when it snows they may cover some area's in gravel hows the body panels going to look after back and for for a few days ? What does the opposite sex have to do with my truck. Odd statement. I'm thinking work mainly in my truck your wanting to impress the opposite sex ?

Rt

You are correct there are definitely things that people do with trucks in life that I probably wouldn’t use this truck as a first choice for but that’s not necessarily because of the wheel and tire set up. Can it do it physically yes it can. The entire property behind my shop is all loose gravel and that’s where all our storage is and yah I got chips, I pull vehicles out of all types of fields and hillside on trailers all the time. Drop and grab your bass boat no problem. And yes it gets dirty, and muddy and it’s got rock chips and blemishes but then she sure does clean up nice in the end. And that’s what I was referring to with the opposite sex comment, it’s nice to be able to work hard and still turn a ladies head when you’ve cleaned up nice. It more of a reference to the trucks that can’t be cleaned up because they’re so beat. And honestly I’m not even knocking those truck because the guys that drive’m love’m.

Regardless I understand it’s not your style of pickup and that is fine as can be. I just want to see the level, time & money that you’re building with your own personal truck that makes you feel country strong.

Edited by CovetedStyle
Edit

Rt

Would you want to maybe not, could you? 100% and with the fox setup it would handle it with ease.

Just now, CovetedStyle said:

You are correct there are definitely things that people do with trucks in life that I probably wouldn’t use this truck as a first choice for but that’s not necessarily because of the wheel and tire set up. Can it do it physically yes it can. The entire property behind my shop is all loose gravel and that’s where all our storage is and yah I got chips, I pull vehicles out of all types of fields and hillside on trailers all the time. Drop and grab your bass boat no problem. And yes it gets dirty, and muddy and it’s got rock chips and blemishes but then she sure does clean up nice in the end. And that’s what I was referring to with the opposite sex comment, it’s nice to be able to work hard and still turn a ladies head when you’ve cleaned up nice. It more of a reference to the trucks that can’t be cleaned up because they’re so beat. And honestly I’m not even knocking those truck because the guys that drive’m love’m.

Regardless I understand it’s not your style of pickup and that is fine as can be. I just want to see the level, time & money that you’re building with your own personal truck that makes you feel country strong.

Well there's a 93 2500 9 inches of lift. 454 Clark 5 speed on 37s.

Driven little.  Very little....

1991 silverado 120k.

2004 Silverado for my son.

Country strong? 

42 minutes ago, miker2702 said:

Well there's a 93 2500 9 inches of lift. 454 Clark 5 speed on 37s.

Driven little.  Very little....

1991 silverado 120k.

2004 Silverado for my son.

Country strong? 

Well it's 40 below and I don't give a ?$&@ Got a heater in my truck and I'm off to the rodeo...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CovetedStyle said:

I ride on a custom set of two piece 22x12 KMC XD 201’s and some 325/50r22 Toyo Open Country M/T’s

50D18319-DE8D-4582-BD65-D0D48FB2B46A.jpeg

3F4D8140-8BDD-479C-BB59-75FE963B7DAB.jpeg

Rest of the truck please. I like all kinds of builds from cut up bush truck to this. Personally I think it's Bad A** & and actually more conservative than some of the high dollar, mall-crawler, disco trucks that literally can't do anything. Color is unique and looks good with white Dispells the myth that 22"s can't off road. Rock crawl and thrash - no, off road with a little caution - all day.

If I want to seriously off road it's not in a street truck. rather be on a high performance bike, quad, sxs, or buggy.

12 hours ago, kennerz said:

Rest of the truck please. I like all kinds of builds from cut up bush truck to this. Personally I think it's Bad A** & and actually more conservative than some of the high dollar, mall-crawler, disco trucks that literally can't do anything. Color is unique and looks good with white Dispells the myth that 22"s can't off road. Rock crawl and thrash - no, off road with a little caution - all day.

If I want to seriously off road it's not in a street truck. rather be on a high performance bike, quad, sxs, or buggy.

Hey my friend I’m glad your into it! I said it in another post I believe I get a 50/50 reaction with this truck. Half the people that see it are like hey that ain’t half bad looking and the other half are like what the hell was he thinking. I know it’s a little outside the norm but so am I and I do this stuff for a living so it’s to be expected. haha If you’re interested I posted a couple pictures of the lift components in the 2014+ Suspension Lifts & a few over all pics Post Pics of Your 2014+ Thread but here’s a better look at the candy powder coat in the sun if you like that kind of thing. Thanks for look’n

753C9CE0-9FCE-473B-9913-8A0A9E139023.jpeg

D3F9E8B7-DC91-47EF-8C8D-3AEA55171334.jpeg

Edited by CovetedStyle
Shiny things
  • Like 2