EChavez - 2014 Sierra SLT 6.2 White Diamond

EChavez

Nice work , truck looks outstanding . Hows the ride on your level ?

Thanks man, the ride is pretty much the same as it was without the level. I've noticed a few bumps here & there but nothing major. Some guys notice it more & some don't. Overall I'm happy with it though.

Washed her & colormatched the fender moldings. I'm considering re-tinting my front windows & going darker, currently I have 35% & it's just not dark enough for me.

2zqrksh.jpg

Go 10%! (Or well, 8.575% theoretically)

CE4EA980-09BB-4C4C-8A9C-625452F16C48_zps

30% windshield, 5% visor, 8.575% sides.

BBE549A4-BF95-40D4-A20A-E8373EACC426_zps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go 10%! (Or well, 8.575% theoretically)

CE4EA980-09BB-4C4C-8A9C-625452F16C48_zps

30% windshield, 5% visor, 8.575% sides.

BBE549A4-BF95-40D4-A20A-E8373EACC426_zps

That looks really good! Hows the night time visibility out of that windshield? Mine is at 50% right now and was considering going 35.

I have limo in the back of mine and I believe 15% in the front as well as the windshield, visibility was terrible when I first got it done at night, I even thought my lights were off, lol. I got used to it after about a week though and now it's not a big deal, but I do have to be extra vigilant. Aesthetically alone it's worth it, but you also get the benefits of reduced heat in the summer and then there's the extra privacy... I've gotten my money's worth many times over through the privacy factor alone?.

Check out the last pic in my intro thread

Disclaimer: I've been pulled over once already and I've only had it tinted about a month, got a fix it ticket but hoping to find someone who will sign off

Edited by CaliIridium14

That looks really good! Hows the night time visibility out of that windshield? Mine is at 50% right now and was considering going 35.

Visiblity isn't bad. Plus you'll get used to it. At first you'll notice a huge difference but now it doesn't bother me at all.

Ps, as some know I drive from NOLA to Laffayette, Louisiana every Sunday night, usually leaving around 8PM so there's no sunlight and no street lights since its a 2 hour road trip through nowhere. So there's 0 extra light to help me see. With the OEM headlights it REALLY sucks trying to see but with 55W HIDs or the 45W LMZs + Rigid Ind DOT pods, I can see with ease. And my normal night sight isn't the greatest.

As mentioned, the privacy factor alone pays for the windshield tint. It's so nice. Plus the UV protection for the interior and heat blocking you'll get during the summer. I got mine done when it started getting colder so I haven't gotten to compare how much heat is blocked.

If you want to see what it'll be like with a darker windshield, drive around for a week with your sunglasses on anytime you are in the truck. Of course this will make it far darker than the tint will but it'll give you an idea as to whether or not you can tolerate the darker windows. That's what I did and I could stil see pretty well and so I knew that I wanted everything darker. And now I'm so glad I did.

Oh and on the legal side, I've never gotten pulled over. I pass by at least 9 state troopers per week and the stretch of highway between NOLA and Laffy is part of a major drug smuggling/running path so they watch for nice vehicles with dark tint. Never been stopped so either I don't have a nice enough vehicle or they must be enjoying their doughnuts too much [emoji106]

I have 35% on my front windows...wish I went darker. Just matching the factory 20% on the back windows would suffice. Just hate spending cash to do it AGAIN.

Sent from my iPhone

Same boat man, that's why I need to decide what I want and keep it there haha. I hate that you need to wait a few days to roll down your windows too! It sucks you can easily get in trouble with the law around here.

I have limo in the back of mine and I believe 15% in the front as well as the windshield, visibility was terrible when I first got it done at night, I even thought my lights were off, lol. I got used to it after about a week though and now it's not a big deal, but I do have to be extra vigilant. Aesthetically alone it's worth it, but you also get the benefits of reduced heat in the summer and then there's the extra privacy... I've gotten my money's worth many times over through the privacy factor alone.

Check out the last pic in my intro thread

Disclaimer: I've been pulled over once already and I've only had it tinted about a month, got a fix it ticket but hoping to find someone who will sign off

Nice! Must be pitch black in there haha, I think I may go with 35 on the shield, I figured if I go just as dark on the back windows you really won't be able to see much in there anyway. My shield is already at 50 and it's still kinda hard to see in. It makes a huge difference tinting that monster of a window though. & was it by CHP? If you find someone let me know!

Visiblity isn't bad. Plus you'll get used to it. At first you'll notice a huge difference but now it doesn't bother me at all.

Ps, as some know I drive from NOLA to Laffayette, Louisiana every Sunday night, usually leaving around 8PM so there's no sunlight and no street lights since its a 2 hour road trip through nowhere. So there's 0 extra light to help me see. With the OEM headlights it REALLY sucks trying to see but with 55W HIDs or the 45W LMZs + Rigid Ind DOT pods, I can see with ease. And my normal night sight isn't the greatest.

As mentioned, the privacy factor alone pays for the windshield tint. It's so nice. Plus the UV protection for the interior and heat blocking you'll get during the summer. I got mine done when it started getting colder so I haven't gotten to compare how much heat is blocked.

If you want to see what it'll be like with a darker windshield, drive around for a week with your sunglasses on anytime you are in the truck. Of course this will make it far darker than the tint will but it'll give you an idea as to whether or not you can tolerate the darker windows. That's what I did and I could stil see pretty well and so I knew that I wanted everything darker. And now I'm so glad I did.

Oh and on the legal side, I've never gotten pulled over. I pass by at least 9 state troopers per week and the stretch of highway between NOLA and Laffy is part of a major drug smuggling/running path so they watch for nice vehicles with dark tint. Never been stopped so either I don't have a nice enough vehicle or they must be enjoying their doughnuts too much [emoji106]

I actually drive with my sunglasses on all the time lol, just never tried it at night! Daytime I know it'll be fine & like you said I might just get used to it. I think I want to go with 5 on the front, hell it's already going to be dark might as well make it really dark. Give the law a real reason to pull me over. Also I don't think my tint guy offers 10, only 5 or 15 & if I get 15 I know I may or may not regret it if they can see in. Don't want to spend cash 3 times on tint lol.

Washed her & colormatched the fender moldings

2zqrksh.jpg

looks great with the fender moldings matched, might have to do the same!

Thanks man! Actually used plasti dip, I think they make metalizer colors that could potentially match Iridium metallic. It's never perfect though lol, but hey it's worth a shot.

You know windshield visors are non see through... :jester: pop them in when you park. Never understood the dark tint windshields, but I do a lot of dark driving. I'm a big fan of "its your truck and your money" so go for the darkest and save yourself some money from redoing it. Or try the sunglasses first as those are generally darker. Oh, truck is looking great by the way. :cheers:

You know windshield visors are non see through... :jester: pop them in when you park. Never understood the dark tint windshields, but I do a lot of dark driving. I'm a big fan of "its your truck and your money" so go for the darkest and save yourself some money from redoing it. Or try the sunglasses first as those are generally darker. Oh, truck is looking great by the way. :cheers:

Haha thanks man :thumbs: I've just always been infatuated with dark windows and the privacy they come with. I was happy when I first tinted my windows but the more I look at it the more I realized I should've went darker!

where did you get the white gmc emblems? I have a 2015 truck on order and want those emblems immediately!!! Your truck looks awesome!!

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Painters-Multi-Use-94-Inch-60-Yard/dp/B00004Z4CP/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424717405&sr=8-1&keywords=painter+tape

+

http://www.amazon.com/Performix-11207-6PK-Multi-Purpose-Coating-Aerosol/dp/B00E975LH2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424717427&sr=8-1&keywords=white+plasti+dip

+

http://www.amazon.com/Performix-11226-6-6PK-Plasti-Pearlizer-Enhancer/dp/B00I9SK3C0/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1424717450&sr=8-2-spell&keywords=peralizer+plasti+dip

+

some of your time & patience = pearl white emblems.

Haha, I just dipped them, but there are many ways to get colormatched emblems. Vinyl, painted o.e replacements, or dipped. It all depends on what you're comfortable with.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

attachicon.gifFront2014-Denali.jpgattachicon.gifRear2014-Denali.jpg

This is the day I got it, will post update when all the white diamond adds are installed.

Where did you order the matching color logo's. I just got a 2014 Sierra White Diamond and I really like the matching emblem.

Installed

Tint:

Clear ceramic windshield, rear passenger, rear window

30 ceramic on driver and passenger, windshield strip

30 ceramic on sun roof

Installing:

so far I am getting:

(Arrived and appointment for install tomorrow)

White diamond wheel well guards

White diamond splash guards

White diamond mud flaps

White diamond mirror covers

Getting:

Rhino liner

Roll up vinyl cover

Not available yet:

GMC bed extender

GMC bed rails

The light kit you got on yours did you do all the install work yourself or have someone perform the install ?

Where did you order your white diamond accessories from? I have a 2015 White Tricoat Sierra Denali..