Possible new Silverado owner I have a simple question

4 years ago I purchased a new Camaro SS ( 2010 ) new platform!!!! It was built in the Oshawa Canada flex plant. I have had 0 issues with this car and for a matter of a fact I visited the plant only to see they take pride in assembling the Chevy Camaro. That was my first brand new vehicle now just a few years later I'm about to add another new vehicle to my garage I'm looking at purchasing a 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ , 4wd with no Z71 ( just 4wd )

I have looked up reviews on this great looking 2014 chevy truck and I have to say I'm shocked and scared to be honest. Yes most first year platforms have issues but dam!!!! I'm not sure if I need to get a new 15 with all that I'm reading.

Is there a certain trim/model like LT's/LTZ's

4x4's or Z71's that are causing the issues?

For those of you who have had issues can you please below list an issue you had followed by which plant your truck came from if you know that.

Just trying to figure out if this is a normal 1st year hiccup of a new platform or of it looks it may roll over into the 2nd year as well.

Thanks David

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually I think a LOT of the problems were early production issues. My Gmc A/T CC was built 2/14 and it doesn't have any issues others are complaining about (yet). My dad bought a Chevy Z71 CC built 3/14 and he hasn't had any issues either, and he has been hauling medium loads and pulling a heavy trailer a few times. So hopefully GM has straightened a lot of the bugs out. A friend bought a '15 Tahoe after my purchase and hers had the problem transmission line recall mine/dad's neither had the recall. All in all the issues, although big to those experiencing them, are a small percentage of the amount sold.

Good Luck in your decision.

Actually I think a LOT of the problems were early production issues. My Gmc A/T CC was built 2/14 and it doesn't have any issues others are complaining about (yet). My dad bought a Chevy Z71 CC built 3/14 and he hasn't had any issues either, and he has been hauling medium loads and pulling a heavy trailer a few times. So hopefully GM has straightened a lot of the bugs out. A friend bought a '15 Tahoe after my purchase and hers had the problem transmission line recall mine/dad's neither had the recall. All in all the issues, although big to those experiencing them, are a small percentage of the amount sold.

Good Luck in your decision.

That's what I'm hoping !!!!! I'm hoping as expect it's just early production issues and I get a good vehicle. Yes I know everyone has issues but dam some of these stories I'm reading it makes me wonder if they are early builds or all over the map.

RUN!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT WALK. Way too many problems and no fixes. They cannot even fix the drivers seat problems. I have bought two different 2014s. Both complete turds. Between the clicking seat and the jolting transmission I can not tolerate driving this truck. I will be selling or swapping mine in as soon as I can afford it. Ive bought Five new Silverados in the last seven years . I have always been a GM guy. Not now. I feel completely let down, and dissapointed. Buyers Remorse? You bet!

Don't let the vocal complainers scare you away. These are great trucks. Mine was built 9/13 and I've had zero issues.
Seems that possibly the crew cabs have had a few more issues than the double cabs, may or may not be the case, but I'll blame that the CCs being built in Mexico.

I'm very happy with my 2014 built in August of 2013. A few minor issues. But nothing I couldn't deal with.

A lot of complainers on this board. Don't let it scare you off.

Yes, there are a lot of complainers on this site. Some complaints are just retarded. There are guys who complain and don't even own a new 14 or 15.

My 14 is flawless. My neighbors 14 is flawless. My pastors 14 is flawless. My coworkers 14 is flawless.

RUN!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT WALK. Way too many problems and no fixes.

I just can't agree with this. According to a poll on this site, 85% of current '14 owners are happy with their purchase and are having no issues.

My 14 is flawless. My neighbors 14 is flawless. My pastors 14 is flawless. My coworkers 14 is flawless.

Agree. Mine is perfect. A great truck.

I would say buy it without a doubt. I've had mine for a little over a month. When I first got it I came on here and seen the issues blog and began to worry about every little thing I seen on here and would then investigate it on my truck. The only problem I've actually had is a interior squeak which I am use to now, my rust frame post wasn't so much a problem, I was just over worrying due to posts I see on here. This is a great community and I fully agree people should post issues in hopes someone else knows a solution but I wouldn't let reading those posts scare you away from purchasing one. I love my truck and wouldn't go back to my 2013 Camaro over this truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only issues I have is the radio reception, but GM is working with me on a fix for it that should be around in the coming months.

Other than that I have been absolutely thrilled with my 2014 Sierra. I traded a 2010 Sierra and a 2008 Vette in order to get the truck I wanted.

Archived