New Onstar Remote Link App Update now shows Vehicle Location

GMC-AT,

I just wanted to provide a little clarification. Even if your vehicle was previously activated, if the subscription expires or you choose to cancel it, your OnStar system will be deactivated and your two way connection will be disabled. All services - including Stolen Vehicle Assistance - will be inactive and OnStar can not connect to the vehicle without a keypress from the mirror to be reestablished. I hope this answers your question.

~Sara, OnStar Advisor

Social Media Team

I find this hard to believe since the app will still function for the initial 5 years.

When you perform a function with the app there is two way communication since a confirmation is received that the action took place. This seems to indicate that the truck is still activated until the app stops working.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this only for phones that are not BlackBerry? I tried what you stated above and I do not see it. Also, th emost current version I see available for the BlackBerry is 1.9.9 released April 2014.

Blackberry World has version 1.0.1334.0 of OnStar RemoteLink available - it was just released today.

Blackberry World has version 1.0.1334.0 of OnStar RemoteLink available - it was just released today.

Thank you for the reply wandern. I have updated and now have access to the feature. Have a great holiday!

I find this hard to believe since the app will still function for the initial 5 years.

When you perform a function with the app there is two way communication since a confirmation is received that the action took place. This seems to indicate that the truck is still activated until the app stops working.

Your suspicion is right!!! I signed up during my trial period. My trial period ended in march and I still have full use of the app including seeing my vehicle on the map when I click on the nav icon!!!

Your suspicion is right!!! I signed up during my trial period. My trial period ended in march and I still have full use of the app including seeing my vehicle on the map when I click on the nav icon!!!

Great. Now GM is going to see this and there goes our fun. :(

Great. Now GM is going to see this and there goes our fun. :(

Well quit quoting it then!!! MOVE ALONG GM AND ONSTAR, NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!

gmissed,

Unfortunately, the Vehicle Locate feature of RemoteLink is only available in the United States. I wish I had better news to share.

~Sara, OnStar Advisor

Social Media Team

When will this feature be available in Canada?

Weird..

My OnStar expired in June. I tried using the navigation and it told me to "upgrade to get full function"

The remote start and lock still works.

Weird..

My OnStar expired in June. I tried using the navigation and it told me to "upgrade to get full function"

The remote start and lock still works.

Do you have the NAV system or the regular MyLink?? I don't have the factory NAV, but if I use my OnStar app and put the address in it will send the turn by turn instructions to my truck!!

Do you have the NAV system or the regular MyLink?? I don't have the factory NAV, but if I use my OnStar app and put the address in it will send the turn by turn instructions to my truck!!

I did until my subscription expired.

That's like saying you have a home alarm system and choose not to renew the monitoring. Someone breaks in and the alarm goes off but no one is monitoring it. You can't get mad at the monitoring service for not sending police/fire or whatever, if you never renewed the service. [emoji38]

You missed my point: The letter said if you don't renew, you will not be able to communicate with an advisor. But then it says if you want to renew at some point in the future, push the button and you'll be put on the line with an advisor. It just made me chuckle a little.

I just wanted to provide some clarification. Any currently active Directions & Connections subscriber with a RemoteLink-compatible vehicle can access this feature at no additional charge. Simply tap the "NAV" tab along the bottom of the screen. In the lower right corner of the map, you will see a new button that looks like a car under a magnifying glass - tap this button to locate your vehicle!

The vehicle location feature will show the most recent location your vehicle was running. I hope this helps!

~Sara, OnStar Advisor

Social Media Team

Not very accurate. It shows my truck is about half mile away from the exact location

Archived