Can we get a regular cab thread going? Stock, lifted, lowered?

43 minutes ago, HeySkippyDog said:

Where did you guys find regular cab trucks with short beds?

Nobody has them around here! Most of what's out around town are crew cabs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

I found mine at a dealer. They had three, two Chevy's and the GMC I bought. They are hard to find until you get one, then they start coming out of the wood work. There are 15 around me know, including one that's identical to mine (other than mines lowered). 

The regular cabs come with the standard bed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, HeySkippyDog said:

It all depends on where you are, I see a lot of them in North Georgia, Alabama and Texas....but not as many in other places.

With the 2019 and 20's not being available in this setup they are getting more rare.

17 minutes ago, HeySkippyDog said:

In my mind, "short bed" is 6". I'm old school like that.

Jesus, 6"... what are you getting a cab with a tailgate behind it. Lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Daly said:

What are you planning?

I am awaiting a turbo kit release from Huron Speed with Comp oilless turbos. She is going down on a 2-4” kit. It is my daily and I can’t go too low. I want a little rake. Gonna change to coil overs up front. I will probably start building a separate forged motor at some point. Probably gonna stay with 20” rims seems like better tire options and she will need traction. Hellwig front and and rear sway bars are ordered. Chevy performance front brakes incoming. Scheduled for ceramic coating. Deciding on some different looks and things at the moment before ceramic coating. I was told nothing stick to the coating so it need all that worked out before my appointment. I wont install some things till spring as I have to deal with winter here. I am very disappointed Chevy discontinued this truck in the U.S. I had 2020 F150 ordered but decided to get this instead. It had to be the right one. I searched hard. This truck is clean as they come. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2019 at 1:51 AM, kwOH said:

Really want to lower mine but I use it too much as a work truck.
dffd0a498585f33a12403ed91161d15d.jpg

Sweet holy moses I dig your truck!!! I have a very similar one. The High Country grille looks fantastic! I wanted to do that for a long time on mine, it's still on the "maybe one day" list of mods....

I was also torn between lowering, and functionality as a truck. In the end I just went with a 2" rear shackle drop to take out some of the extreme rake. 

Any plans to paint the top bumper strip?

Edit: More photos in this thread never hurts. Here's how it sits with the 2" rear drop. I've since removed the plastidip from the wheels, since I got a brand new one as part of an accident repair.

spacer.png

Edited by jonny24
  • Like 1

Sweet holy moses I dig your truck!!! I have a very similar one. The High Country grille looks fantastic! I wanted to do that for a long time on mine, it's still on the "maybe one day" list of mods....

I was also torn between lowering, and functionality as a truck. In the end I just went with a 2" rear shackle drop to take out some of the extreme rake. 

Any plans to paint the top bumper strip?

Edit: More photos in this thread never hurts. Here's how it sits with the 2" rear drop. I've since removed the plastidip from the wheels, since I got a brand new one as part of an accident repair.

AiSeYaUes1xFosrGjEOUx7XTPZ-LkHeBQkJpIAtDi3nPUK5VPo-tTH96B4ISMSiEx4CesRAKmpbjom_DpgSBS0qllQ96aNBvKhuNI0YRFzeKVBWwyia-RVLmpsYQjTzVnnNLVPEfmH9sjx1JphKQFKwtwEQpHQSX__9HCU4ra1mfNsX0FvWfSZgEQjtEWgX-7uhhILcA5Y1M9nr6K--12vY4ON-r3pdPm2j2l33sTiwM2xZ_1GiZduIK8qc9e6B-iWH3D4WyCWnzeOChsaoVRcRzQRcFjyNDAUmbHa-zNUm3RZqwaa3wzBeupXSRTLhD3PB6Hbk_bTT5HU-Ugcsv8gX5QZfqSNKHj1Wdy1F5QT1g6tnRz928aC9CdfcANwQ8joHZGhkd3T7ZTKcGzR261AXt1Kp1fABICJiBKGhVwTGznttMNzKZjDtMklTz6wuPhF84zCGtDp0pVTKh7B-ie2bL-1pS-znTK9AXQ3KaFzvmYJSGx0dngt-_yiCr4OZIH5nJzNebqRd7ysdWwp8zJkM-ZzM9VrmY5FtsfV8GXMIMmOvMsPvSx4ABBCQf6e4a16fCHXfj0R97lU2KecEfhiU9_wxVT3bHcBZxt-atfxg46Ta1XDMyhYAdAGSmwi3EGFclyWwLMpY2pcxO56TgjU453VlCFZiE1t1nnlUqhywKmR_dvocSRMM=w1920-h1080-no

Thanks man I appreciate that. As of now no plans really on painting anything, if I could find a bumper cap that was already painted for cheap I would swap it out, but once you start color matching, you might as well do it all. I have been on the fence about lowering for a while, if I do it, Im all in for like a 5/7 or something, but like you said I will loose some functionality.