Anyone with a 2015 6.2l with the 8 speed auto?

Thanks for the info guys.

As posted in other threads, my replacement tranny has started to clunk again, and just becoming more problematic in its behavior. The truck is losing its fun factor. My wife won't drive it because we don't know how it will behave. I started looking at Tundras, but I really like my Denali, minus this transmission. I've taken care of a bunch of the little problems myself, such as trim fitment and so forth, and added my own wireless phone charger to the center console. I've started conversations with GM to resolve this as its behavior is unacceptable to me. I'd be happy with another factory order twin to replace this one if the newest builds are showing less problems than before. We'll see where it all goes...

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of that. Very smooth. At light throttle starts it shifts quickly to third, but after that I hardly notice the shifts. At heavier throttle it feels great. No noises. No lunges as I stop. I will let you know as I pile some more miles on. I'm pulling a bass boat a couple hundred miles next week.

This sounds just like mine. heavy throttle, no issues what so ever, the only odd thing I notice is very light throttle (in parking lots), I get what I one odd shift (and only sometimes), I can only describe as a delayed shift, it seems to me as if the truck cannot decide whether or not to skip second gear, and it take some time to decide. Never heard anything from the transmission, no lunging at any time.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if anyone is still following this string, it's been a loooong time. As I mentioned earlier, I ordered my 2015 Sierra SLT 6.2 with NHT and lots of extras on Sept. 13, 2014. I STILL don't have it. It was supposedly built on March 30 and has been sitting at 4B00 "Bayed" ever since. I've been relentless trying to get the dealership to find WTF is going on. I finally posted a nasty on the dealer's Facebook brag and got a response from one ot the real bosses. He checked into it and ran up against the same brick wall as the dealer. The truck is sitting on a dock somewhere "waiting" to be shipped (maybe). I have now waited 7+ months for this truck. To walk away from the deal is going to cost me at least $4000 because of after market accessories I purchased before the fiasco started and lost credit on my GM Flex card. I have spent the morning contacting area Ford Dealers. I've had enough. I won't take the GMC if it shows up tomorrow. I will cancel my Flex Card account. I will never own another GM product. I will bad mouth GM to anyone who will stand still long enough for the rest of my days. Sorry for the extended rant but if there are any potential buyers out there, be warned!

Don't know if anyone is still following this string, it's been a loooong time. As I mentioned earlier, I ordered my 2015 Sierra SLT 6.2 with NHT and lots of extras on Sept. 13, 2014. I STILL don't have it. It was supposedly built on March 30 and has been sitting at 4B00 "Bayed" ever since. I've been relentless trying to get the dealership to find WTF is going on. I finally posted a nasty on the dealer's Facebook brag and got a response from one ot the real bosses. He checked into it and ran up against the same brick wall as the dealer. The truck is sitting on a dock somewhere "waiting" to be shipped (maybe). I have now waited 7+ months for this truck. To walk away from the deal is going to cost me at least $4000 because of after market accessories I purchased before the fiasco started and lost credit on my GM Flex card. I have spent the morning contacting area Ford Dealers. I've had enough. I won't take the GMC if it shows up tomorrow. I will cancel my Flex Card account. I will never own another GM product. I will bad mouth GM to anyone who will stand still long enough for the rest of my days. Sorry for the extended rant but if there are any potential buyers out there, be warned!

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I ordered my 6.2 NHT standard cab on March 17th, which the dealer warned it may take up to 8 weeks to get in. Last status report, I should be able take delivery on April 27 or 28th. If it holds true, that's 6 weeks and that's more than fair for an ordered truck.

I wonder how long it's taking Ford for ordered F-150s since they are having delays on their production ramp up?

You should have had your truck by now,i would be pissed,I had my dealer buddy in October spec a 015 DC 4x4 NHT 6.2 I said get it coming a day later he said NHT 6.2 was on constraint until Jan. He said most likely it will be April before you see it.So I settled for a 014 6.2 NHT was more important than color,black was the only one I could find for a decent deal.I hate black so hard to keep nice

Living in Houston, which the Port of Houston often brags about the amount of tonnage it unloads. It's hard to get a sense on the amount of products being shipped all over the U.S. and for shipping companies to keep up with the demand of the consumers instant gratification.

Ford F150 product is experiencing some delays right now. If you want an extended gallon fuel tank, expect 10-12 week delays. There is also a huge delay due to a train shortage for delivering the vehicles.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-03-03/buffett-rail-car-shortage-has-toyota-parking-suvs

Same deal up here in Canada alot of cuts have been made with the newer employees with CN here well in western Canada. It usually slows down for us but once it starts to ramp up again I'll let you boys know, actually out for engineering now so I'll be the guy driving your cars on the train haha.

Just got back from a long road trip (about 650miles each way). Worked like a champ. Averaged 20mpg on the way there and 21mpg on the way back. No complaints with the truck.

Resurrecting this thread, as I was very vocal in it about a transmission-related clunk I had.

I still have the clunk, even after transmission replacement, and GM reps met with me this morning to try to figure out the noise in a final repair attempt or buyback. I had already done some isolation myself last week, and the noise appeared to be coming from the driver's rear wheel area and not the transmission at all. On a test drive this morning, the GM people confirmed my location and believe it to be a rotor-hub fitment problem. I gave them the go-ahead to spend just today resolving it, at which point the truck went directly to a bay to be worked on.

That conversation also included that GM admitted they were too quick to consider my noise to be tranny related, and shouldn't have replaced it. However, that replacement did give me the newer designed version that includes gear shape and clutch pack changes among other things. The whine you can hear in the 1-4 gears during deceleration and downshifting is directly related to the new cone shape of those gears in that new design.

Hope this info helps someone else...

Resurrecting this thread, as I was very vocal in it about a transmission-related clunk I had.

I still have the clunk, even after transmission replacement, and GM reps met with me this morning to try to figure out the noise in a final repair attempt or buyback. I had already done some isolation myself last week, and the noise appeared to be coming from the driver's rear wheel area and not the transmission at all. On a test drive this morning, the GM people confirmed my location and believe it to be a rotor-hub fitment problem. I gave them the go-ahead to spend just today resolving it, at which point the truck went directly to a bay to be worked on.

That conversation also included that GM admitted they were too quick to consider my noise to be tranny related, and shouldn't have replaced it. However, that replacement did give me the newer designed version that includes gear shape and clutch pack changes among other things. The whine you can hear in the 1-4 gears during deceleration and downshifting is directly related to the new cone shape of those gears in that new design.

Hope this info helps someone else...

Just as a last follow up, they found the bolts on the driver's rear brake caliper and the bolts that mount the axle to the leaf spring not torqued to spec, allowing movement under load. I've driven it hard as they asked me to in order to see if they solved, and no more noise. Four months, three dealerships, a transmission, and it all came down to someone slipping up down in Silao.

Archived