Oh no this perfect vehicle has one problem. The blind spot monitors and the rear crossing monitors, run on the same frequency as police radar. Your detector will give 1 to 2 full time bogeys unless you disable these 2 features. Oh GM, why'd you do this? All our other cars including my 2015 GMC Denali diesel pickup, 2013 Mercedes, 2015 Range Rover, 2013 Porsche, do not use the police radar frequency for these features.

• 4 weeks later...

This is such a big problem with the valentine radar. Even though I disabled one of the bands as valentine tech support told me, I constantly get false k band going off. It is to the point I ignore it all together and am thinking of going to passport radar. I have an ltz suburban 15.

update. Valentine had me send my unit in for Firmware upgrades. They claim there is an option you can enable within the upgrade that will remove the problem. www.valentine1/com/lab/techreport3.asp. Will switching to passport work? Seems unlikely as as all a radar detector does is receive radio signals. It logics that Passport would have the same problem as GM is using a police radar frequency for their blind spot monitors and rear crossing monitors.

Archived