So mounting the V1 is a simple task but hardwiring it can lead to a bunch of issues as I have found out. However I have come up with a solution that solves all of MY problems but may be difficult for others.

Hardware: 

So the easiest way for most is gonna be just using a 12v cigarette lighter port but I hate when wires are hanging down from the windshield like that, so the V1 uses an rj-12(Phonejack) connector for power and accessories. There are 4 pins in total, the two center pins are for 12v power. I used a 4 wire phone cord so that I have the extra two signal wires for any later projects (I did utilize this already). I connected this to the heated steering fuse using a fuse tap, This gives me an accessory power source (only on when the truck is on). This was all a good idea until I started my truck up and the radar turned on and off a few times kind of glitching until the engine finally started, then it stayed on how it should. I figured it was because of the voltage drop while the engine was turning over (brand new truck, brand new battery) so I just thought maybe I could put in a delay relay so that it wont start until 1 second after the engine is started. I did this and it worked flawlessly until... I had an autostop F*CK! same thing the radar glitching on and off until the engine restarted. So I researched the valentine 1 voltage range and turns out its really sensitive to power fluctuations and I think I saw they have some sort of capacitor module to smooth the power, but I cant seem to find it right now. 

ANYWAY the final approach was to find a device that can accept a range of input voltage and provide a steady 12v output voltage. I ordered a generic one off of amazon, hooked it up and finally everything was perfect, I even put the truck in maintenance mode (everything but the engine on) and let the battery voltage drop past 10v and the V1 was working just fine (it doesn't like anything under 11.3V so I figured the 12v cig lighter port would probably have the same problems as well as the V1 "Savvy" (OBDII Supply) so this was my best solution! 

Side note, I have other stuff connected in my fuse box but you can see the voltage module in there and how my radar is mounted, Yes the white phone wire is kind of an eye soar but it doesn't bother me too much, ill replace it down the road but it was all that was available at the time.

ASK AWAY! any questions you have!

Like this post so it bumps it up for others to view!

IMG-6984.thumb.jpg.ad4ee36045e6b7f03c8f334d55c4ff06.jpg

IMG-6987.thumb.jpg.a1a6692931433de80c044c3ef58dc7fa.jpg

IMG-6988.thumb.jpg.9b3213e7e50414587d4eee43dc5c0de8.jpg

IMG-6989.thumb.jpg.c0a5c8aa38255b759f752e7d2cc30166.jpg

• Like 1

Nice job!

Have the blendmount in my Camaro for my V1.  Had similar issues with power so just living with the cord... 😔.  I hate wiring/electronic projects...

Edited by RCF71

Just now, RCF71 said:

Have the blendmount in my Camaro for my V1.  Had similar issues with power so just living with the cord... 😔.  I hate wiring/electronic projects...

Haha Im very good with electrical stuff but what I did with that voltage booster was super super simple just input from the fuse tap and output to the radar nothing too special. The special stuff is what I did with the dash mute button...

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/251656-2019-sierra-stab-switch-mod/?do=findComment&comment=2536717

1 minute ago, Aaaaaaaayush said:

Haha Im very good with electrical...

You anywhere near Katy?  I’d gladly trade changing you oil, installing shocks, brake pads/rotors, r other mechanical stuff in return for some electrical work like that!  🤣

@AaaaaaaayushAwesome! Thanks for the write up and pics. I looked up mirror tap and they have a kit that taps into where you did. I pulled the passenger weather strip along the door to see how I would run the wire and quickly realized the the mirror tap instructions would have you go over the air bag in there. I think it’s the air bag in the A-pillar and I wouldn’t want a wire going across it. So, more research to do… maybe somehow sneak around it but likely more stuff needs to be removed for access than just the tucking in as mirror tap suggests.

@Desrunner Yeah I pulled the A-Pillar to run the wire behind the airbag, don't run any wires in front of them. Also the mirror tap will cause you problems like I described above. You have to put that voltage booster in line somewhere. Removing the A-Pillar is only two bolts and some clips its very easy.

Also how are you tagging me like that? I'm so confused as to how you're doing that🤣